Rebellion

Zombie Army

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT....

Posted 2 weeks ago - edited 2 weeks ago by Lamoi

Rebellion, rebellion my dear rebellion…

Seriously, if it’s not broken don’t fix it! I’m coming fresh from SE4... 

First chink in the armour Ted!

1) WHY CAN YOU NOT GO PRONE ANYMORE?

I loved that. I mean I get it maybe it’s not that necessary in a game like this, but regardless I loved setting up traps and then lying on the ground and mounting a decent defence against the zombie hordes. 

I just like being able to go prone if I want to. And it was in the old games, so why did you take it out? It’s not like you needed extra buttons?

2) THE CONTROLS

Now this is less of an issue, but still slightly disappointing. I’ve come fresh from sniper elite four, so I was expecting to just jump right in with the same controls. 

Why can you not softly pull down on the aim trigger, and be able to look down the iron sights of the sniper rifle without zooming in fully on your scope? 

That was jolly useful! That enables the sniper rifle to become if you like a medium ranged weapon in a pinch.

If when aiming you always have to zoom in fully, Then it ceases to be a fully versatile weapon at close quarters. Personally I always thought that sniper elite should follow ghost recon wildlands on the controls — meaning that when you aim with the left trigger you then click the right stick to zoom in or zoom out and aim down the rifle not through the scope! 

And again I was disappointed to see that there is no ability to go prone, I’m not sure I entirely like the new tank controls either. 

3) LIMITED HUD OPTIONS

Why can we not disable the Diamond assist aim reticle when aiming down the scope and holding your breath? 

It totally removes any skill when sniping! Please add options for this...

That’s all for now. Cheers...

Posted 2 weeks ago

Rebellion, rebellion my dear rebellion…

Seriously, if it’s not broken don’t fix it! I’m coming fresh from SE4... 

First chink in the armour Ted!

1) WHY CAN YOU NOT GO PRONE ANYMORE?

I loved that. I mean I get it maybe it’s not that necessary in a game like this, but regardless I loved setting up traps and then lying on the ground and mounting a decent defence against the zombie hordes. I just like being able to go prone if I want to. And it was in the old games, so why did you take it out? It’s not like you needed extra buttons?

2) THE CONTROLS

Now this is less of an issue, but still slightly disappointing. I’ve come fresh from sniper elite four, so I was expecting to just jump right in with the same controls. 

Why can you not softly pull down on the aim trigger, and be able to look down the iron sights of the sniper rifle without zooming in fully on your scope? That was jolly useful! That enables the sniper rifle to become if you like a medium ranged weapon in a pinch. If when aiming you always have to zoom in fully, Then it ceases to be a fully versatile weapon at close quarters. Personally I always thought that sniper elite should follow ghost recon wildlands on the controls, meaning that when you came with the left trigger you then click the right stick to zoom in or zoom out and aim down the rifle not through the scope! 

So again I was disappointed to see that there is no ability to go prone, I’m not sure I entirely like the whole tank control is now either. 

3) LIMITED HUD OPTIONS

Why can we not disable the aim Rector cool when zooming in down the scope and holding your breath? I mean the right to call that tells you where your bullets got to go. It totally removes any skill when sniping! Please add options for this...

That’s all for now. Cheers...

Posted 2 weeks ago

Sorry my bad — you can toggle scope mode on the rifle! 

Much better... thanks.

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just to add — The controls do feel a bit clumsy. The game just transitions from either very slow walk to really quite fast Crouch walk or fast jog so positioning your character often feels a bit finicky. Back a bit back a bit left a bit left a bit forward a bit forward a bit.

And sniper elite four does not feel like that.

There needs to be a greater gradient of movement.

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ya gotta hate when they take out a simple mechanic like prone. It's like games that have always had LEAN and they remove it.  Makes ya wonder if it's done because of lazy coding to save money. I consider all the various "stances" to be vital in a game... stand, kneel and prone give you an ever so slight different perspective.

Posted 1 week ago

More feedback —

— the sprint the camera zooms in too much and is difficult to control. 

— Generally the controls just feel too clumsy compared with SE4, and especially Remnant: From the Ashes. That game has a full gambit of movement... Slow moment scales gradually to fast movement and then the sprint of stick is clicked in. Feels far less clumsy. 

I really hope the control of this game is an indication of what to expect from SE5.... please no! 

— knife takedowns. Would be better to get a knife takedown when you stun enemies with a melee bash. As it stands 10 uninterrupted headshots means you just don’t see it often enough. 

It needed to have been more of a regular option of a attack — the balance would be you are vulnerable to attack during the animation. 

Posted 1 week ago - edited 1 week ago by Lamoi

“Ya gotta hate when they take out a simple mechanic like prone. It's like games that have always had LEAN and they remove it.  Makes ya wonder if it's done because of lazy coding to save money. I consider all the various "stances" to be vital in a game... stand, kneel and prone give you an ever so slight different perspective.”

—————

I have to say not having a PRONE option has really impacted my overall enjoyment of the game... 

I hope they add it back! 

Posted 1 week ago

Ya gotta hate when they take out a simple mechanic like prone. It's like games that have always had LEAN and they remove it.  Makes ya wonder if it's done because of lazy coding to save money. I consider all the various "stances" to be vital in a game... stand, kneel and prone give you an ever so slight different perspective.

I have to say not having a PRONE option has really impacted my overall enjoyment of the game... 

I hope they add it back! 

Posted 6 days ago - edited 6 days ago by OneBgBdArtemis

I'm going to add my useless, but need to state two cents worth here.

The blatant in your face macrotransactions have decided me to forego Sniper Elite 5 if there is indeed a next installment. It concerns me that this series made it to this point, with ALL entries having little, SE4, to no macrotransactions to this point. It made it to this point, number 1 BECAUSE it lacked them and 2, because the fans of this series supported it without fail, without the need for macrotransactions. I for one, even after completing all of them, will be missing the next one due to this simple step in the wrong direction.

The reason this really bothers me is that I am greeted with a main page that has a not so small area dedicated to macrotransactions, BUT in game I have a bug wherein often times after a cinematic head shot, the game will be stuck in cinematic mode and I'm running around with no clue which grenade I have equipped, how many more successive kills to my next mele health regen and of course not seeing the whole picture, as it were. It's really disconcerting to see skin awards for weekly challenges, but oh hey, you go buy these other skins also. WHY?!!

These macro's have the effect of making one such as myself think that the macro's were more important than a bug free quality release. I, frankly, am tired of the practice. I will tell you for a frame of reference that we are a family of four, ALL in different locations, wife in one state, me here, daughter in another state and mother in yet another one. We are of the same mind when it comes to this practice, meaning that's Four copies this family will not be purchasing of the next installment. Consider I know that I'm not the only gamer with this mindset. How many gamers out of the millions play the SE series and have this mindset? Just food for thought.

So consider what the fans want before implementing this kind of industry behavior, sorry, behaviour!!

Posted 6 days ago

I'm going to add my useless, but need to state two cents worth here.

The blatant in your face macrotransactions have decided me to forego Sniper Elite 5 if there is indeed a next installment. It concerns me that this series made it to this point, with ALL entries having little, SE4, to no macrotransactions to this point. It made it to this point, number 1 BECAUSE it lacked them and 2, because the fans of this series supported it without fail, without the need for macrotransactions. I for one, even after completing all of them, will be missing the next one due to this simple step in the wrong direction.

The reason this really bothers me is that I am greeted with a main page that has a not so small area dedicated to macrotransactions, BUT in game I have a bug wherein often times after a cinematic head shot, the game will be stuck in cinematic mode and I'm running around with no clue which grenade I have equipped, how many more successive kills to my next mele health regen and of course not seeing the whole picture, as it were. It's really disconcerting to see skin awards for weekly challenges, but oh hey, you go buy these other skins also. WHY?!!

These macro's have the effect of making one such as myself think that the macro's were more important than a bug free quality release. I, frankly, am tired of the practice.

So consider what the fans want before implementing this kind of industry behavior, sorry, behaviour!!

Please sign in to post.