Rebellion

Zombie Army

What went wrong?

Posted 4 years ago

Hmmm... Instead of ranting, I'll just list the pros and cons of ZAT as I see them:
● Sniping made markedly easier -- BAD
● Gib physics -- GOOD
● Paucity of zombie variety -- BAD
● L4D-like game engine -- GOOD
● No L4D-like environmental interactivity (doors, windows / glass, destroyable props) - BAD
● Horde mode -- GOOD
● Scoreboards plastered across screen, even in campaign mode -- BAD
● SMGs nerf'd -- GOOD
● All guns nerf'd -- BAD
● Explosion blast range increased -- GOOD
● Zombies explode far too easily and never just ragdoll, resist the explosion or get back up to fight -- BAD
● Some level geometry fixed so it can be shot through correctly / logically -- GOOD
● Player seemingly can no longer die from a single explosion -- BAD
● Binoculars gone -- BAD
● Cover system gone (instead of refined) -- BAD
● Grenade variety gone -- BAD
● Vaulting objects severely tapered -- BAD
● Kicking overpowered -- BAD
● Looting corpses sped up and with needless meter icon -- BAD
● Ridiculous invisible hit-box range for zombies to imbue 'artificial difficulty' -- BAD
● Skeleton enemies made of porcelain and slower than if with a walking frame -- BAD
● Fire zombies like marshmallows -- BAD
● Snipers glow green and aren't threatening at all unless in groups -- BAD
● Inventory cycling button mapping changed from D-pad -- BAD
● Heart rate penalty reduced greatly -- BAD
● HUD cluttered with information that cannot be removed nor does it fade after a time - BAD
● Graphical downgrade in some areas -- BAD
● Draw distance downgrade -- BAD
● Some game engine chugging (ex: Chapter 3-1) -- BAD
● Friendly fire option removed -- BAD
● No Steam Workshop or game moddability to speak of -- BAD...
I think you get the picture now. So, what happened? Did you guys decide to give the bird to those who liked and indeed supported the first two games and jump on the 'Call of Consoles' bandwagon? Or did the new game engine require that the game to be made to feel so shallow? I don't think gib physics weren't worth the trade-off if that's the case... Also, why drop the "Nazi" moniker? Or does curious change tie in with the overall 'accessibility' makeover the game received--ensuring the game is as 'inclusive' and as politically correct as possible in order to broaden its appeal to the less-than-discerning mainstream market?
Whatever the case may be, is this the last in the franchise or will there be more 'Zombie' games? If there are more planned, do us fans a favour: take the NZA1&2 route and not the ZAT one. The latter might seem like a quicker and easier path, but you'll end up dead a LOT sooner for it.

Posted 4 years ago

Good post, defiantly better than ranting. And indeed the fire zombies (not the fire demons) are like cotton candy.
Tho friendly fire is still an option. And I think a Steam Workshop would be too much to demand of this game.
Anyways since we are pointing out things we think are bad: AMMO CREATES:
Refilling ammo at ammo creates goes way to quick, especially if you are wielding a shotgun or a wobbly. This mechanic makes it more effective to empty your magazine and then take ammo from an ammo create to instantly get a full magazine, doesn't make much sense. Especially with the wobbly and the shotgun this is a problem because those weapons are slow to reload to add up for how powerful they are. I think the ammo creates SHOULD NOT RELOAD YOUR WEAPON but instead fill you up on the extra ammo you carry for your gun.
Does anybody agree with me on this?
-SoftSquare

Posted 4 years ago

● X-ray cam detail and some effects reduced (organs, camera rotation?) -- BAD
● X-ray cam can be skipped in real time -- GOOD
● X-ray cam removed(?) from multiplayer play -- BAD
● Game now focused on Gears of War style play, yet it lacks such production values (much less a cover system!) of said game, leaving ZAT feeling very shallow -- BAD
● Fast grenade toss animation seemingly removed -- BAD
● Dismemberment physics too prominent and makes zombies feel like they're spontaneously combusting (killing them feels unsatisfying compared to NZA) -- BAD
● Better / nicer menu interface -- GOOD

Posted 4 years ago

You know what they say about opinions dontcha?
Everyone's got one.
With that said.and I'll post it again.I never played the original 2 games.
This is a console port.
I'm no game developer.but I would imagine consoles are far more harder to program in than a pc..giving the fact of a consoles limitations.
Pretty sure these guys know what they are doing.
They made a stellar game as far as I can tell.
You can't please everyone.And they shouldn't have too.
I like that you pointed out the good..which is your opinion..and the bad...which again..is your opinion..some people may see it the opposite way.
I really enjoy reading posts where a non game developer ie 80%of gamers...try to tell them how to do their job.
I would like to see said posters...even try to render a single line of code
but let's be real here..
neither one of us..would have a clue where to even start.
And I've coded a little in Maya with the Unreal engine back in the 90s early 2000 with Unreal Tournament and UT2003 [for personal team use]
With consoles.I'd be lost at sea.
as would the majority of us.
I'm sure these guys will take constructive criticism
which you clearly have done.
but to call it good or bad?
let's just say it's an opinion.
and not..where did they go wrong

Posted 4 years ago

You know what they say about opinions dontcha? [...]
I never played the original 2 games.
>
You know what they say about opinions based on bias, dontchya?

Posted 4 years ago

What do they say..
Cuz I'm not saying the game is perfect
Therefore it's not bias to have seperate opinions
you clearly made valid points.I respect it

Posted 4 years ago

You know what they say about opinions dontcha?
Everyone's got one.
With that said.and I'll post it again.I never played the original 2 games.
This is a console port.
I'm afraid if you did not play the original games you do indeed have a biased opinion. 90% of the issues people have with ZAT right now are not about downgrades that had to be made because of coding for a console. They're for things like unnecessarily changing mechanics in the game like the weapons, enemies, gun turrets, aesthetics, SCORES into something worse than how it was in Nazi Zombie Army 1 and 2. There are several opinions on this but the majority of people who have experienced, loved and supported the games from the beginning are unhappy with these random, pointless changes. Perhaps that's a biased opinion, but it comes from better footing than people who never played the first two.

Posted 4 years ago

Point taken.
im thick headed sometimes

Posted 4 years ago

It not a bad game. I don't think this game was developed in 5 or 10 years like other best games. I think of ZAT part One. Then ZAT part 2 will be a full complete game. This is just beginning of a new zombies game! I would like to see zombies getting pain, like a hit in the forehead, the zombie jaw open up like it feels hurt, even though they're dead. But I have my hope for the future ;)

Please sign in to post.