Rebellion

Zombie Army

Combo??

Posted 4 years ago

Hello. Im trying to understand how combo works, i got to about 240 combo then went down then other players went down after me so the game ended, as i was the host, i clicked play again....now, i started killing again in the second game and the combo just carried on from about 240 and reached 420 combo which got me 1.6m points that got me rank 1 on the dead end map (rank 3 now lol :( ). went to play again this evening and tried the same thing, but the combo didnt carry on so im just wondering if there is a specific way of keeping the combo for the next game e.g. combo needs to reach a certain amount? or i must never lose a combo at all in the first game? maybe a specific game setting?
If there is a way of keeping a combo, obviously there is as i have done it myself somehow, I'd be laughing my way up the leaderboards with massive points. it took me less than an hour to get that 1.6m on dead end :)

Posted 4 years ago

"Combos" in this game are to actual combos what McDonald's "food" is to nutrition. The system is only there for those who like to see numerical values tick over -- it require little skill and adds nothing to the overall experience.
I've seen scores approaching 1,000,000,000 (BILLION)... -_-

Posted 4 years ago

1 billion? lol! rank 1 on ps4 is only on 41m and thats the overall score..

Posted 4 years ago

Told you -- it's broken. They might be using cheats (probably), but the score multiplayer is so easy to keep up that it's not inconceivable that OCD types would get such insane / inane scores. On YouTube, I've seen 60,000-point+ awarded for a single grenade toss... =/
Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 4 years ago

Hey, can I ask what device you got this huge combo on?

Posted 4 years ago

It wasn't me. It was this guy:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57cDcVBxH70
...and his score is nothing compared to what some are getting.
tl;dr -- scores are 'pointless' in this game because the system is broken / rewards only scrubby SG play.
Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 4 years ago

Sorry, I meant the OP who posted about keeping a combo inbetween rounds.

Posted 4 years ago

I hate to even assume someone is cheating.
I'm not the greatest player..I think I rank around 1000 or so on the leader boards.when I play horde I could care less about score and more about team play.if that means I watch others backs while they shoot..whatever.I'm about getting to that next wave.
But I have played hours on hours of horde.and I understand there are way better players than me..
But I tell ya..when I jump on a game.it's me and one other guy.and by the 2nd wave on marksmen he's got 15000 and I'm at 1000 And the waves aren't even that intense and I was doing my part
just doesn't seem right...is that possible to reach that score by the second wave?

Posted 4 years ago

Then again..I've jumped on games and managed to reach top tier and out pace other players by thousands...and they leave..lol maybe they think I'm cheating?
But never hit 15k + in the first wave.and in No Sanctuary on sniper elite I grab the rocket launcher and blow the piss out massive hordes coming down the steps ...and never reached that point level...
And the thing is..I have a head set and I only recalled a couple of granades mostly rifle shots from that other player..but yet he managed to hit that high.
Maybe I'm still a n00b?

Posted 4 years ago

Hey, can I ask what device you got this huge combo on?
Instead of gathering 'news' about RelaxingEnd's 300+ combo and RichPandy's GLITCHED 400+ combo, can we actually have some information regarding patches, updates and y'know, clarity on what plans for the game are? You've been absolutely inundated with feedback since day 1 and have addressed very little of it, which gives us the impression you have not even looked at it.

Please sign in to post.