Rebellion

Zombie Army Trilogy

Horde - Online Multiplayer issues (needed changes)

Posted 4 years ago

There are a few issues with horde mode that i have noticed since playing.
1. When selecting quick match in horde mode it doesnt find a lobby and creates one
for me.
2. Cant delay the countdown timer. The match will start after the time goes down before i
can find a full lobby. This issues needs fixed assap.
3. In-game chat doesnt seem to work. A friend and I both tried switching to game chat and we couldnt
hear each other or the other random players.
4. Ammo Crates need icons to let you know where they are. A couple matches it was annoying and i
would forget where they were in the middle of combat.
The biggest issue is really the fact that you cant pause the countdown timer. I want to wait til i have 4 players before it starts the match. Plz fix this rebellion.

Posted 4 years ago

There are a few issues with horde mode that i have noticed since playing.
1. When selecting quick match in horde mode it doesnt find a lobby and creates one
for me.
2. Cant delay the countdown timer. The match will start after the time goes down before i
can find a full lobby. This issues needs fixed assap.
3. In-game chat doesnt seem to work. A friend and I both tried switching to game chat and we couldnt
hear each other or the other random players.
4. Ammo Crates need icons to let you know where they are. A couple matches it was annoying and i
would forget where they were in the middle of combat.
The biggest issue is really the fact that you cant pause the countdown timer. I want to wait til i have 4 players before it starts the match. Plz fix this rebellion.
I think they will sort this out when they are able to do so. Don't push them it's only been out 2 days. Now?

Posted 4 years ago

The whole point of forums is to post bugs or issues. I'm not forcing them to change them and im not trying
to rush them in any way. I'm just giving my opinions of needed changes based of my experience.
Some of these are very serious and effect trying to play online with friends and randoms.

Posted 4 years ago

The whole point of forums is to post bugs or issues. I'm not forcing them to change them and im not trying
to rush them in any way. I'm just giving my opinions of needed changes based of my experience.
Some of these are very serious and effect trying to play online with friends and randoms.
I think they see this any way.so don't worry.
Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 4 years ago

Thank you for the report. Seen and passed on to the devs. :)

Posted 4 years ago

which parts were past on to the devs. Are all the ideas being passed?

Posted 4 years ago

which parts were past on to the devs. Are all the ideas being passed?
When they get back to your post. When they see you post again :) and they will then let you know thanks :)

Posted 4 years ago

Any ammo crate icons should be wholly OPTIONAL and toggle-able. I can understand why some players might want this, but the game is already riddled with HUD elements and context prompt crutches for players, so more would only reach critical mass and hurt the overall experience. The ammo crates are all generic and look relatively distinct already, and in a linear game, they're always found sooner or later. There needs to be SOME immersion, otherwise you risk turning the game into a gallery shooter.
I'd also petition for more options to REMOVE on-screen indicators. I do not need to be reminded that X-button held picks up ammo or that A-button searches corpses. A simple 'outline' highlighting when a corpse / ammo stash / weapon is in range of being interacted with would more than suffice. This goes multiples for story mode, where immersion is of more import than in Horde play.
Of course, again, this should be an OPTION, so as not to not alienate more 'casual' players who do not want to have to pay much attention to such things.

Posted 4 years ago

I agree with what you said. Yeah i agree that it should be optional. I just think that it doesnt have to pop on your screen but just like how the explosives have a red highlight I think the ammo crates could have something similar.
Ammo Crate Icon: ideas
- highlight yellow and highlight the ammo symbol (same as explosives)
- Has the Ammo Type logo above the crate and appears within a certain distance
I think it should be optional but i dont think it would ruin the experience. I think it will only add to it. I'm not a casual gamer and i dont think its a casual feature.
If its OPTIONAL then it wont hurt anyone which is why i agree with you.

Posted 4 years ago

Options make the world go 'round. I'd be happy for even a "god mode" option... as long as it were an OPTION.
But I'd settle for toggle-able radar blips and head-shot capable sniper zombies. I'm kinda easy to please like that ^_^

Posted 4 years ago

1. being the party leader is what most everyone wants anyway...don't see why this would ever be a problem.
2. this would cause TOO much control over the start of the game...players stopping the countdown...this would not work.
3. this could be NAT settings.
4. map knowledge is one of the keys to survival...suggest starting horde alone and run the board early.

Posted 4 years ago

1. being the party leader is what most everyone wants anyway...don't see why this would ever be a problem.
2. this would cause TOO much control over the start of the game...players stopping the countdown...this would not work.
3. this could be NAT settings.
4. map knowledge is one of the keys to survival...suggest starting horde alone and run the board early.
1. Thats not the point. I dont want to be party leader if im doing quick match. Pretty sure thats common sense. If i wanted to be party leader then i would just create my own private lobby and invite my friend, too bad you cant switch it to public once you have your friend in the game.
2. It would cause too much of anything. A lot of games use this start up feature where everyone has to be ready. The campaign is the same way and so is horde. I dont see your point at all. I'm talking about delaying the timer when the match is first created when you by yourself. You cant delay the time and by the time you get your friend in the there the game is starting. That is my point!
3. Its NOT nat settings. My nat is always open and other players have also talked about this issue. So nice try to being smart but thats not the answer.
4. Again, you think im a noob and that i havent done that already. I know where all the ammo crates are on every map. So again your advice doesnt help at all with the idea. The whole point is to help others who cant find them. Yes they hard to find at first and even at times it does get confusing remembering which crate is what type of ammo. The whole idea could be an option so if its not what you like then you could toggle it off.

Posted 4 years ago

Exactly. Horde maps are FAR too confined as it is and to make the even dumbed downER would ruin what's there. In fact, more and BIGGER (more open) maps are required in Horde to give the game mode some longevity... especially in light of the silly scoring system.
I'd actually like to see a system implemented where any area (between safe houses) in the main game can be used for Horde play. Even it this could only work (without extensive development) using generic enemy waves copy-pasted to the designated area, it would still feel far more diverse than the current set-up and it would also effectively give unlimited longevity through experimentation. Of course, scoring could be dumped for such a mode... or not; whatever's easier.

Posted 4 years ago

My suggestions would be to shrink or have an option to loose the score board.
as said before an option to remove the icons for picking up ammo..searching bodies is a different thing.ya have to have some kind of an indicator to let ya know your on the body.
as far as labeling crates..like one said before..know the map.I've spent hours on each map and could back peddle to a crate if I had to.
Above all..my biggest issue is no dedicated servers.this is a dream that will never happen .
It really sucks when youre online..especially horde mode..your slaying away ..the host is the point leader [or not] your at wave 10 12 and on..he dies and sometimes at higher levels..you just can't save people...so he will die...get butthurt and throw us all back to the lobby...
Talk about ruining the game

Posted 4 years ago

My suggestions would be to shrink or have an option to loose the score board.
as said before an option to remove the icons for picking up ammo..searching bodies is a different thing.ya have to have some kind of an indicator to let ya know your on the body.
as far as labeling crates..like one said before..know the map.I've spent hours on each map and could back peddle to a crate if I had to.
Above all..my biggest issue is no dedicated servers.this is a dream that will never happen .
It really sucks when youre online..especially horde mode..your slaying away ..the host is the point leader [or not] your at wave 10 12 and on..he dies and sometimes at higher levels..you just can't save people...so he will die...get butthurt and throw us all back to the lobby...
Talk about ruining the game

Please sign in to post.