Posted 8 months ago
I don't much care where it is, as long as the levels are fun to play - and by that I mean a good balance of size, long sightlines and enemy composition.
What I do care about are things I have been complaining about since Sniper Elite 3 released, namely (in no particular order):
- A better way to see where your bullet struck in really long range shots;
- A wind indicator bar that is useful and visible even on dark/black backgrounds;
- Crosshairs that are actually useful for gauging both horizontal and vertical bullet deviation due to wind - and are visible on dark/black backgrounds - I'm sorry, but I really cannot understand why this has never been addressed, just make a thin white line around wind indicator and crosshairs so people can see it in night levels. How difficult could that be? And what would be the harm?
- More options to customize the HUD and what is shown on the map, including every single HUD element on/off; tagging/timed tagging/non-wall-hack tagging; objective locations/rough objective locations
- An Authentic difficulty that actually feels authentic in regards to enemy health - not really authentic taking a Rifle round to the chest three times, getting back up, then getting insta-killed by a killcam shot to the forearm.
- And in general, it would be really, really nice, if the darn AI would not yell "Sniper!" if a truck explodes 100m away from them by stealthy means.
What I also care about are issues I had with SE4:
- I want a return to the upgrade system of SE3, not the non-reversible upgrades of SE4. Putting the upgrade parts as collectibles was much better - and hey, you could offer those as mini-transactions for the lazy, but only for Single Player - but more importantly, you had choice. Of course, an upgraded version of the SE3 system would be even better.
- More extreme range sniper rifles: SE4's Mosin was the best weapon for long-range sniping, highest zoom, highest muzzle velocity, good damage. In all the DLC packs, there was not a single weapon that compared. Not one. There were many different mid-range rifles, semi and bolt action, even a few "short range" rifles, but for the really long shots, there was only one. That sucked.
- I really liked the timed explosives of SE3 (flint + TNT), I wish that would come back.