Rebellion

Strange Brigade

Deadzone problem when using controller

Posted 2 weeks ago

I bought Strange Brigade the other day together with a friend since we liked playing ZAT together so much, however there is a huge issue with the game that made us completely stop playing it.

The game has restricted diagonals/axial-deadzones and it makes the gameplay incredibly annoying. Having to move your cross-hair up, left, up, left just to get a headshot instead of just moving it diagonally is just not ok. None of your other games have this issue. I'm honestly incredibly dissapointed and am contemplating a refund, if my friend can't get a hold of a mouse and keyboard to use for the game.

Is there a chance of this ever getting patched? 

I really hope this won't be an issue in Zombie Army 4 Dead War. If Zombie Army 4 uses Strange Brigades aiming then it's honestly a no buy for me and my friends.

Bees

Administrator

Posted 1 week ago

Which platform are you playing on? I was just checking this on PC with a PS4 controller and I can't say I noticed a problem with diagonal movement when aiming. Have you tried altering the X and Y sensitivity in the Controls Options menu?

Posted 1 week ago - edited 1 week ago by looklook

I'm playing on PS4, X & Y sensitivities are the same (both at 45%) and aim assist is turned off, something is wrong when doing small movements. it feels like diagonal movement is restricted right around the deadzone. My cross hairs move in a square when doing circular movements with the right stick, rather than a circle. Something is definitely wrong compared to ZAT and Sniper Elite. I saw another post on here complaining about it so it can't just be me and my friend.

Posted 1 week ago

I'm playing on PS4, X & Y sensitivities are the same (both at 45%) and aim assist is turned off, something is wrong when doing small movements. it feels like diagonal movement is restricted right around the deadzone.

Posted 1 week ago

The Y axis also seems a lot more sensitive than the X axis

Posted 1 week ago

The diagonal sensitivity seems to also be wrong after a bit more testing, will this ever get patched? or will the game be forever tainted with bad analog aiming?

Please sign in to post.