Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

General » PC

WHY THERE'S STILL NO VISIBLE GORE EFFECTS?!

Posted 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just registered here after watching the newest Sniper Elite 4 gameplay from Gamescom 2016. I am really disappointed with it to be honest. Looks like yet another clone of Sniper Elite 2. 

Anyways, my main complaint about that gameplay is that there's still ABSOLUTELY NO visible gore on the enemies after shooting them! I mean, you shoot an enemy in the head, his whole skull and brain literally explodes, yet there's not even a tiniest visible wound on the enemy?! 

I mean seriously?! I thought that after all these years they will at least do something that is so needed for the immersion. Currently I have no intention of buying although I like the series. Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 currently looks much more interedting than this game, solely because of the fact that Elite 4 is yet another clone of Elite 2 like I've mentioned earlier with missing something as visible gore.

I mean, they have no problem with putting an over the top gore effects for the X-ray shots, but can't be bothered to add visible bullet wounds?! I'm not even talking about visible gore anymore as that seems impossible to do for Rebellion, but not adding visible wounds at least after so many years is pure LAZYNESS :x!

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by MairtinIRE

Yeah agree to your post to a certain extent, it should show more of the entry wounds to the flesh first before cutting to, and showing the skeleton and internal organs. Sniper Elite 1 had some wicked entry wounds to the flesh with the skin being ripped opened and wacks of flesh being torn from the face. was kinda brutal and showed the damage a bullet would do to the Skin....Sometimes on SE3 you would see flesh wounds on rare occasions...but there not as gruesome as the damage done to the Soldiers in Sniper Elite 1..... with todays High-Resolutions (compared to the Sniper Elite 1 days)....skin and flesh wounds should showcase some gruesome effects.

That being said it certainly no reason not to purchase the game because of the reasons you state..... either your a fan of the series or you're not?  but to state it's a clone of V2 is unfair as it's nothing at all like SE4...by what comparisons would you says it's a clone of V2, or SE3??, how are they similar?.. Because I fail to see it and any comparisons of previous titles. Comparing 'all' the Sniper Elite games they are all Completely different.

Posted 2 years ago

Yeah agree to your post to a certain extent, it should show more of the entry wounds to the flesh first before cutting to, and showing the skeleton and internal organs. Sniper Elite 1 had some wicked entry wounds to the flesh with the skin being ripped opened and wacks of flesh being torn from the face. was kinda brutal and showed the damage a bullet would do to the Skin....Sometimes on SE3 you would see flesh wounds on rare occasions...but there not as gruesome as the damage done to the Soldiers in Sniper Elite 1..... with todays High-Resolutions (compared to the Sniper Elite 1 days)....skin and flesh wounds should showcase some gruesome effects.

That being said it certainly no reason not to purchase the game because of the reasons you state..... either your a fan of the series or you're not?  but to state it's a clone of V2 is unfair as it's nothing at all like SE4...by what comparisons would you says it's a clone of V2, or SE3??, how are they similar?.. Because I fail to see it any comparisons of previous titles. Comparing 'all' the Sniper Elite games they are all Completely different.

Posted 2 years ago

"....Looks like yet another clone of Sniper Elite 2.." 

<sigh> I WISH!!! :(

Posted 2 years ago

That being said it certainly no reason not to purchase the game because of the reasons you state..... either your a fan of the series or you're not?  but to state it's a clone of V2 is unfair as it's nothing at all like SE4...by what comparisons would you says it's a clone of V2, or SE3??, how are they similar?.. Because I fail to see it and any comparisons of previous titles. Comparing 'all' the Sniper Elite games they are all Completely different.

You're asking me how can I be a fan of the series when I dislike Sniper Elite 3? Well, that's easy to explain. For example, I like original Fallout series but I heavily dislike Fallout 3 & 4 because they're bad. In case of Sniper Elite 3 it's slightly different because except for the environment Sniper Elite 3 is simply a clone of V2.

Gameplay is identical, graphics is just slightly better and that's pretty much it.

As for Sniper Elite 4, not having ANY visible wounds on the enemies is what I consider lazyness on the part of the dev team. I find it completely stupid. Why having all those really gruesome X-Ray effects when there's no bullet wounds on the enemies after that? Their brains are getting completely destroyed, chins crushed, legs torn apart by bullets and you don't even have a drop of blood from this wound. Enemies just drop down with no sign of being shot!

On top of that even the fonts colors for the kills etc. are copied & pasted from SE3!

What new does SE4 brings into play when compared to previous ones? I don't see any, except for slightly better graphics.

Posted 2 years ago

You're asking me how can I be a fan of the series when I dislike Sniper Elite 3? Well, that's easy to explain. For example, I like original Fallout series but I heavily dislike Fallout 3 & 4 because they're bad. In case of Sniper Elite 3 it's slightly different because except for the environment Sniper Elite 3 is simply a clone of V2.

Gameplay is identical, graphics is just slightly better and that's pretty much it.

As for Sniper Elite 4, not having ANY visible wounds on the enemies is what I consider lazyness on the part of the dev team. I find it completely stupid. Why having all those really gruesome X-Ray effects when there's no bullet wounds on the enemies after that? Their brains are getting completely destroyed, chins crushed, legs torn apart by bullets and you don't even have a drop of blood from this wound. Enemies just drop down with no sign of being shot!

Only Noticed post dude.....I've never played Fallout 3 and 4 so can't compare them to the previous titles, however in regards to Sniper Elite 3...and 4 being a clone of V2 and the gameplay being Identical, dude it's has a whole new story line?, different objectives? different feel to the game ie: Movement and controls?...better graphics?, support for 3D?, New Weapons?, Firing Range? A more open approach to how you want to play? ( not restricted to a set route)...I can go on a bit more but you get the idea!......IMO it is nothing at all like V2. The only thing that is the same is that you're a Sniper?. As you know It's a Series of Sniper Elite games obviously there are going to be similarities with each new title there's no getting away from that...I think Rebellion have done a great job with each new game in trying to make it different it ways that it will HAVE a different feel and approach to gameplay. I personally applaud them for continuing on with the Series as they are just Fun! games to play.

As I said before I agree with you on the visible wounds especially when the enemy come into contact with landmines/grenades etc: legs and such should be ripped apart, as for x-ray bullet wounds, well it's showing what a bullet does to the inside of the body (fragmenting bones and such)...but your not going to see much visible damage externally except for entry and exit points...and that's only where the skin isn't covered...On their clothing there should be visible signs of bullet penetration.  Headshots should show more tissue damage with the Skin being torn, the higher calibre of bullet the bigger the wound....For those who may find it squeamish there should be an option to turn it off!. As for enemies dropping down with no signs of being shot?, there's always bloody splatter on the bodies and the ground, and also on objects around them.

Posted 2 years ago

On top of that even the fonts colors for the kills etc. are copied & pasted from SE3!

What new does SE4 brings into play when compared to previous ones? I don't see any, except for slightly better graphics.

I Think the New Mission Results layout looks great, looks very clean and fresh...who cares what font is used, it's hardly a gamebreaker lol

"What new does SE4 brings into play when compared to previous ones? I don't see any, except for slightly better graphics."

Have you watched the recent Sniper Elite 4 gameplay's on YouTube?.....if you can't see the many differences to previous titles then your not looking close enough...there's more to it than just looking at the Graphics dude.

Posted 2 years ago

I would like a kill cam without ray-x, but you can see real destruction too.

I like how Se1 you can see how enemy dead with a hole on his face.

Please sign in to post.

Sign in to search.

Please sign in to post.

Recent Activity

Support (PC)

Beldeth posted 2 years ago

Game crashes 1/18/2019

jweg posted 4 months ago

Changing characters

PGProf posted 6 months ago

lütfen yardım edin

SAPHIRE posted 7 months ago