Posted 3 years ago
I thought I would start a topic of ideas that are either good or bad and that could possibly still be added into the development of the game (depending on how far along it is).
Please feel free to respond if the idea is good or bad along with an explanation. Also, more ideas for the dev team would be great, so please add ones I miss!
1) Muzzle Blast-As I continually play SE3, I find myself setting up for shots that do not allow my muzzle blast to be seen by enemies. This places a more strategic emphasis on preparation and execution. At this point in the series, doing this allows me to "roll play" the part of Karl, but would be an amazing addition to future titles, even if it's only added on harder difficulties.
2) Light Reflection From Scope/Binoculars-As of now, this can be used to identify hostile enemy snipers, but as far as I know, the same does not hold true to you. What if this was used on possibly a higher difficulty level and it made you think about giving away your position. Perhaps during the day this forces you to fire from cover of shade or from under bushes or trees.
3) Suppressed Sniper Rifle or Machine Gun-I have heard this request from a few sources and I strongly appose it. I'm not sure what year the first silenced sniper rifle was made, but I do not believe they were used during WWII. I believe this is a bad idea as it would make the whole game so much easier to complete and the sound masking feature would be useless.
4) More Upgrades For The Weapons-SE3 had a lot of scope options, but I felt was a little light on the weapon mods for the rifles. I wouldn't mind seeing more of these added to give the individual rifles more character.
5) RPG Elements-SE3 had a leveling system, but I'm not entirely sure what it's full purpose is (I don't play multiplayer so maybe it was used more extensively for that). Not sure quite how I feel about this, but what about new upgrades and maybe some sort of perks be added as you attain higher levels?
6) "Sniper Alley" Mode-This would be added to the "Challenges" mode. Simply put, maps containing only snipers. Cat and mouse. Plus, the sniper locations are randomized each play through. Very difficult challenge.
7) "Sniper Creation" Mode-Think a simplified form of a map editor, allowing you to place type of enemy and location of enemy on challenge maps. Also, you can add drop locations for weapons and health packs. Could be used for solo and co-op challenges and even multiplayer. Could also be used like Hitman games where you can share your maps with the community to play.