Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

Please add an option to turn off auto team balance

Posted 2 years ago

My biggest issue with the multiplayer in this game, is that the game forces teams to auto balance during games, this is a problem for a few reasons. First of all when playing with a group of friends you want to be on the same team, you play together and then all of a sudden someone new joins the game and one of the friends you're playing with gets moved onto the other team, which is frustrating when you are playing together purely to be on the same team. The other annoying reason is that you can do really well in a game, helping your team be in the lead, and then suddenly be moved to the losing side, and ultimately lose the game. 

There simply needs to be an option when you create your own game to turn off auto balancing, and the game should recognise how many players are on each team so that when a new player joins mid game, they are put on the side with the least players, leave team balancing up to the host. 

Posted 2 years ago

A good idea. Spawning back onto the other team that you have just been working your butt off to whoop really sucks.

Posted 2 years ago

Additionally, why can we not make our own custom game settings? A lot of the presets don't make sense. Head shots only, but aim assist is on? Why is there not an authentic (i.e. no UI handicaps, no bullet trails, nothing) mode for PVP? Essentially pure sniper but with the other weapons available and not one shot kills. 

Posted 2 years ago

Additionally, why can we not make our own custom game settings? A lot of the presets don't make sense. Head shots only, but aim assist is on? Why is there not an authentic (i.e. no UI handicaps, no bullet trails, nothing) mode for PVP? Essentially pure sniper but with the other weapons available and not one shot kills. 

I agree, in fact I already made a post about this too, there needs to be an option to create your own preset from scratch, it doesn't make sense to me that you are making your own game but all the settings are locked to different presets. The one that doesn't make sense to me the most is Hardcore, it is supposed to be hardcore yet aim assist is on? I want to make a true hardcore game with no aim assist, no bullet trail, no scope glint, wind on low not high, but I can't. It seems any preset you select there are always settings you don't want. 

Posted 2 years ago

Exactly. Everybody I know (which is the usual group playing pure sniper on PS4) is sharing the same sentiment. We want a true hardcore mode, or at least the ability to fully customize our own game settings. The current ones just don't make any sense. 

There are a few other things as well. Elimination is great, but it needs a reasonable time limit. You get down to one guy and he camps hard for 15 minutes before anybody finds him. Just boring. Five minute rounds would be more than adequate. 

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

Hey,

We now have anti camp/action features built into Elimination. You should no longer get stalemates where you cannot find each other.

Posted 2 years ago

Awesome. Is there patch notes that explain these changes in detail anywhere?

Posted 2 years ago

Hey,

We now have anti camp/action features built into Elimination. You should no longer get stalemates where you cannot find each other.

Elimination is a great mode, but I feel like it is inherently flawed because as soon as a team wins a round, they can simply hide for the remainder of the game to get the win if they wish. It's the same problem with team deathmatch and no cross, by having a score limit but also a countdown timer it means a team can take the lead and then run the clock down. I think rather than it being a countdown timer, the score limit simply has to be reached in order to win. 

Any plans in the future to remove auto team balancing and adding a custom preset mode like we've discussed here? 

Posted 2 years ago

PLEASE disable this stupid auto balance, especially for custom games.  I want to play with my friends, and this is a game breaking feature for us.  I have it disabled in the game options, but it still auto balances when the game starts.

Please sign in to post.