Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

This game deserves more attention!

Posted 2 years ago

I've probably enjoyed this game more than any other in... well, a long time. I don't typically purchase DLC and season passes, but I bought it all with this game because I want to see more SE and Rebellion titles!

It is rare for me to both enjoy and also respect a game title. Many games I enjoy for a while, but after so many hours I lose interest and just start to see the game for it's faults. SE4, IMO, is a game with real depth and artistic integrity. I've more than enjoyed my money's worth from this game and will continue to for a long time. I just wish more people played Pure Sniper and authentic modes online.

In addition to sending Rebellion my monies, I've written a character limit maxed review on Metacritic under the same title BIGTIMEMASTER. 

Posted 2 years ago

Personally, i just don't think the game is very good. Certainly not up to the  standard of the last two, and certainly three if you include the first game on PS2. They just seemed to make it an arcade shoot em up like game. 

You can be an area, and silence shoot an enemy in the head from short distance with a welrod, and it seems the whole maps hears it and come after you, to be a huge " me against a whole army" maelstrom, as compared to past games. 

There's absolutely no character customization (unheard of in this  day and age), and on MP, just a relative  few skins, and even having have to buy a ghillie suit per dlc.  On SE 3, they gave you a myriad of different uniforms. 

The graphics as well took a bit of a hit,, and when he's in bushes, you see all the pixelation making it look terrible. 

The MP i'm seeing jaggies and all, and the maps  waaay too small as compared to SE 3 (the whole game is smaller the  SE3). And the movement of the character  is way too sensitive, and the character way too small for the screen.

Look, all in all, i tried to get my money back for this game, but didn't happen, and supposedly i got an update on Xbox, of like  6gb, and they did not even mention here what it even entails (unless i missed something). 

The game just missed the mark in so many ways, and i would gather folks are just not playing it, and i can't blame them, and so maybe that's why they gave up.

Posted 2 years ago

That looks like inconsequential and nit-picky stuff to me. 

And why shouldn't enemies from all over know your location after you killed someone at close range with a pistol? They have radios. You have to think a little further than that. Sounds like you aren't up to the challenge. 

Posted 2 years ago

Well, how does a whole army hear a silenced shot from what seems a mile away? That's not being nitpicky, that's just poor game design.

I think they were under pressure to make  the  AI 'smarter", and in essence broke the thing in the process. But that was just one of my points. The game just seemed to have regressed if anything, not gotten better.

Posted 2 years ago

I've probably enjoyed this game more than any other in... well, a long time. I don't typically purchase DLC and season passes, but I bought it all with this game because I want to see more SE and Rebellion titles!

It is rare for me to both enjoy and also respect a game title. Many games I enjoy for a while, but after so many hours I lose interest and just start to see the game for it's faults. SE4, IMO, is a game with real depth and artistic integrity. I've more than enjoyed my money's worth from this game and will continue to for a long time. I just wish more people played Pure Sniper and authentic modes online.

In addition to sending Rebellion my monies, I've written a character limit maxed review on Metacritic under the same title BIGTIMEMASTER. 

I agree i love all Sniper Elite games :D this Sniper Elite is is not an exception, i play the campaign over and over, i havent done mission 8 yet, because i restart when i'm at mission 7 and tries other sniper rifles, Sniper Elite 4 is a bit easier than Sniper Elite 3, but that's okay i guess, also happy about the new dlc mission and the new weapons released today, i bought the season pass as well.

Sniper Elite difficulty is enough for me though.

Posted 2 years ago

Well, how does a whole army hear a silenced shot from what seems a mile away? That's not being nitpicky, that's just poor game design.

I think they were under pressure to make  the  AI 'smarter", and in essence broke the thing in the process. But that was just one of my points. The game just seemed to have regressed if anything, not gotten better.

Everything you said was minor nitpicky things, not core game elements or mechanics. And if you kill one guy with a suppressed weapon (no such thing as a "silencer"), and anybody else is within 100 meters or so, or perhaps his buddy wonders were he is after a moment (which happens in authentic because it turns out Nazis can count), they radio it, presumably. 

Just because you haven't figured out how the game functions doesn't mean it doesn't have a well functioning logic to it. Sounds like, for the moment at least, SE4 is still smarter than you.

Posted 2 years ago

I don't care if you disagree and don't like the game as much as me, but at least make a decent argument about it. 

Posted 2 years ago

If you shot a enemy in the head and he is wearing a helmet, then the nearby enemies will hear the helmet is hitted with the bullet and they will also hear the helmet falling to the ground, when you have enemies close together is best to do a heart shot etc.

I have never experienced a whole army hearing my suppressed or sound masked shot and i have played Sniper Elite 4 a lot.

And if a soldier sees another soldier is been killed he will warn the others, same if a soldier finds a dead body.

Posted 2 years ago

If you shot a enemy in the head and he is wearing a helmet, then the nearby enemies will hear the helmet is hitted with the bullet and they will also hear the helmet falling to the ground, when you have enemies close together is best to do a heart shot etc.

I have never experienced a whole army hearing my suppressed or sound masked shot and i have played Sniper Elite 4 a lot.

And if a soldier sees another soldier is been killed he will warn the others, same if a soldier finds a dead body.

Well as i said, they're not nearby. You shoot him in the head, and whole map goes yellow. That's my  experience, if it  wasn't yours, maybe my game  is  broken, and they should  give me a refund lol (though i did hear Xbox may be starting that, which would be a  great idea, being i wouldn't be here).  

But i think it is in fact the case, in that either it was bad game design, or purposely done, being they wanted a more shoot em up run and gun game to satisfy more  arcade shooter based enthusiasts. 

But it certainly doesn't make sense, a whole dockyard goes yellow, because some loner gets popped with a silencer in the head seemingly on the other side of the  map. 

Anyhow, my  problem as my post explained  go much further than that, in that the game is just not up to par than even the last. 

And being the game is already on sale, not long after launch, i feel i'm on some firm ground here. The game is just not doing well. Next time, they just have to take the feedback, and make sure it just doesn't happen again is all. 

Posted 2 years ago

Personally, i just don't think the game is very good. Certainly not up to the  standard of the last two, and certainly three if you include the first game on PS2. They just seemed to make it an arcade shoot em up like game. 

You can be an area, and silence shoot an enemy in the head from short distance with a welrod, and it seems the whole maps hears it and come after you, to be a huge " me against a whole army" maelstrom, as compared to past games. 

There's absolutely no character customization (unheard of in this  day and age), and on MP, just a relative  few skins, and even having have to buy a ghillie suit per dlc.  On SE 3, they gave you a myriad of different uniforms. 

The graphics as well took a bit of a hit,, and when he's in bushes, you see all the pixelation making it look terrible. 

The MP i'm seeing jaggies and all, and the maps  waaay too small as compared to SE 3 (the whole game is smaller the  SE3). And the movement of the character  is way too sensitive, and the character way too small for the screen.

Look, all in all, i tried to get my money back for this game, but didn't happen, and supposedly i got an update on Xbox, of like  6gb, and they did not even mention here what it even entails (unless i missed something). 

The game just missed the mark in so many ways, and i would gather folks are just not playing it, and i can't blame them, and so maybe that's why they gave up.

To find balance is there anything you do like about this game? Is it really all that bad for you?

I'm just curious as I actually found that most of your points were elements of the game that I found well considered and constructed and in my opinion for example added to the 'realistic' nature of AI's within the single player mode.

Posted 2 years ago

To find balance is there anything you do like about this game? Is it really all that bad for you?

I'm just curious as I actually found that most of your points were elements of the game that I found well considered and constructed and in my opinion for example added to the 'realistic' nature of AI's within the single player mode.

In a word, no. If i'm not finding  any relative improvements, or find the game even degraded from the last, for me it's not going to worth the same value. 

And i thought they had a "realistic mode", for what may persuade you.  Though idk how shooting up a  whole battalion of  troops on your own would be considered realistic. That's  COD.

I mean, i guess we can see how popular these forums are, to get an idea of how this  game went over for many people.  

So, my point stands. 

However, i came back here today, because i got an update a few days ago on the game, and i guess i'll try it out in now, in that it  seems they added a "silencer mode" (or maybe it was there, but didn't matter), in so you can have the silencer on full, or  partial silencer, which may in fact cure one of the issues, in that if you silence a lone sentry, the whole map won't hear it from miles away. 

That may help that matter (or i hope it does), but ridding lack of weapon customizations, or in this day and age, no character customization, and the maps much smaller, and even graphics taking a hit, is not worth the value i paid for the prior games that i feel were much better games. 

I guess the only positive, is the Italian Front  was a nice  change of pace.

Posted 2 years ago

The maps in this game are considerably larger than any other SE game so far... Not sure how you think the graphics took a hit either. 

And you may have noticed that the silencer option is by default considered authentic, versus unrealistic. 

But hey, if you don't like the game, that's not my problem. 

Posted 2 years ago

If you were to shoot a real rifle which would be about 120-130 decibels, it would most definitely attract a lot of attention for enemy forces. But with a suppressor on that rifle it will have about 100 decibels or something below that. The Welrod is possibly the closest thing you will get to an actual silent weapon at which you could not tell a firearm was discharged at 10-15 feet. But if you were closer to that area than most of the enemy forces can hear it. So that is why they come running.

Please sign in to post.