Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

One-Sided conversations/posts

Posted 2 years ago

I realize the DEVs / MODs / Powers-that-be are busy people, and I know/hope that they read most/all the threads that are started here about bugs/suggestions/ideas/etc...

But it is so frustrating as it feels at least to me so much like a one-sided conversation.  Like I am talking to myself, or that I am being ignored.  Or that what I/we have to say doesn't really have that much value as a whole.

This isn't logic-based, but rather more emotion-based, but as days slowly turn into a week without a single post from "above", the 'feeling' intensifies...

Perhaps it is just me, but I can't help but wonder if there would be more give and take, more input, more people involved in general if the MODs were more chatty?

Opinions anyone?

---

Peter_C

---

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

I agree actually.

With some much going on recently we could do more to post here. Rest assured we are reading though and all feedback is passed on to the dev team.

Posted 2 years ago

I agree actually.

With some much going on recently we could do more to post here. Rest assured we are reading though and all feedback is passed on to the dev team.

Thanks for replying.  It's a shame that the "Dev team" can't give random answers/opinions/thoughts/guesses... as 'possible' replies to some/many/most of the threads that are open/asking for replies?

---

Peter_C

---

Posted 2 years ago

The latest blog post tell us a bit about what content for Sniper Elite 4 we can expect from Rebellion, some news about the big update would be nice :) i'm checking this forum 3-4 times a day to see if there is some news about it.

But even Rebellion is not replying much, i'm sure they read bug reports, suggestions, good or bad feedback etc.

Posted 2 years ago

Want to be heard ger on twitter and tweet rebellion and sniper elite 4. Since its more public they always tend to respond 

Posted 2 years ago

It's the age old conundrum of Community Devs not being able to talk about things YET and often preferring to then simply stay quiet, despite the fact that nothing lets an online community give voice to their deepest fears and concerns, to paint the Devils they do no know, than silence from the dev-side.

I always preferred if people just said: "Sorry, we don't know" or " We can't talk about that, yet." instead of saying " - " (that means nothing, really).

Rebellion is not too bad in that respect, but I wish there would be a bit more "definitive responses" - Yes, No, Possible, Not Likely.

There once was a great thread on the Ubisoft Ghost Recon Future Soldier Forum - that forum was eerily quiet on the official side for a long, long time after GRFS's launch, which first led to rampant speculation and then turned to insults towards the devs - where one of the game designers and a community dev would actually definitively (if possible) answer questions (that were phrased politely), even if it's just to say "Sorry, we don't know" or "Sorry, we cannot talk about that, yet." They actually went so far as to saying "No, we won't do that." when asked about making changes to the game. (that same community dev continued that direct engagement during his work on The Division)

The Guys that made the Trine Games actually went even further, openly admitting they messed up the Touchpad controls on PS4 for Trine 2 - a rare occurrence indeed when a game developer does not try to bury their own shortcomings or mistakes in silence or drown them in De Nile, but publicly saying "We messed up, sorry, but it was too far gone to change it."

Posted 2 years ago

Not saying that this is the way to go or even a feasible way to go for Rebellion, but it would be nice to have a Q&A thread with questions from the community, where devs can just look in and answer if they feel like it, including "No, never gonna happen" or "Sorry, no news (yet)". But that also depends on the community and their "attitude" - allegedly, online forums are sometimes known for direct, personal, even insulting "criticism" targeted at the developers, who would've thought? There can be no tantrums when your personal issue No1 won't be addressed in the next five minutes (or ever).

There has to be respect from both sides:

Respect for the devs and their work, the blood sweat and tears, the family life, the holidays, the birthdays, their children's school plays and all the other things they sacrificed to make the game. And even if what they made might not be "perfect" in the eyes of some, that work, the effort and commitment deserves respect - or at the very least politeness.

And Respect for the people playing the game, that bought it and care enough about the game to want it to improve, to post on forums, on twitter or facebook; gamers, that (mostly) are mature enough to (hopefully) handle answers they might not like (possibly) with grace, some of which might have actual insights that would allow the game to get better.

We can handle "No"s - We're not so good with handling things we don't know because nobody says anything, not even "we don't know."

So talking to us, even about things that you don't know, even about things that you know some of us will not like, is always, always better than not saying anything at all.

Posted 2 years ago

I can get behind the last couple of posts quite well.  Goes really well with what I was feebly trying to say.  Sometimes just reading we're thinking about how to do such-and-such, can cheer us up and it doesn't even promise a thing.

Or even the questions about the forums themselves that are either a week old, or many months old (take your pick) without any response?  We can't even subscribe to new threads until we manually view them first, really?  No daily email listing new threads?  Thought every forum offered that.

---

Peter_C

---

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

After the next patch we should be able to discuss a few more things.

Going to be a larger patch than the previous ones.

Posted 2 years ago

Forum is rather quiet lately...

Yes, I am even watching "the bIrDs maKINg NOIses" since no one bothered to announce anything on the official FORUM...(or if they did, I missed it because I can't subscribe to new threads in my favorite sub-forums)
/rant off

I guess the Powers-that-be are just really to busy to visit with the peons...

---

Peter_C

---

Please sign in to post.