Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

Clairvoyant German infantry

Posted 2 years ago

So I've been playing on Authentic, and the only major issue I have is after killing an Officer, all the infantry nearby run straight to his body. Even if I've stealth killed him and hidden the body in a bush, they just all beeline it straight to his corpse. Last one I killed I moved him at least 20m into a bush, yet they still ran straight to the bush the corpse and I were hiding in. Is this working as intended? Or is it a bug of some sort, cause I can understand them searching the area if their CO goes missing, not psychically knowing the exact location of his corpse.

Posted 2 years ago

What platform is this on? I've never had that (playing on custom, with Sniper Elite and Authentic settings). If the enemy doesn't see the corpse, they don't react at all.

Sounds like a bug to me. And very annoying.

Posted 2 years ago

Playing on PC, and yeah it's insanely annoying. It's occurring pretty often, even with normal infantry now. Playing the Railway gun mission it's happened around ten times so far, most of them silent stealth kills from behind and relocating the bodies into bushes without being seen. Takes about 10 secs before they're all alerted and bee-lining it for the corpse.

Shame cause I'm loving the game so far, but keep quitting due to this frustration.

Posted 2 years ago

funny, I had this happen last night, I killed the General in San Celini with a long shot (unmasked) from the beginning vantage point of map. EVERY soldier on map came to where I was. I stayed there to see how many kept coming, and they wouldn't stop. Too easy to wipe out the whole map this way.

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

funny, I had this happen last night, I killed the General in San Celini with a long shot (unmasked) from the beginning vantage point of map. EVERY soldier on map came to where I was. I stayed there to see how many kept coming, and they wouldn't stop. Too easy to wipe out the whole map this way.

Hey,

I just tried to reproduce this but was unable to. Can I ask what weapon you were using?

Posted 2 years ago

Hey,

I just tried to reproduce this but was unable to. Can I ask what weapon you were using?

Speaking for myself, it doesn't happen every time.  One time, Mission one, on Normal, With the Mosin, unsuppressed rounds, no sound-mask, standing in the first tower, many/most tagged, only two shots were fired: - First was at the officer in the shadows over by the building about 208m away, then #2 right away at the fuel tank of the truck by the camera straight out from the first tower (killing only one guy) - I got spotted right away (as I hoped) so I stood there til I was fired upon, then I walked to the middle of the tower and laid down.

Switched to my Trench Gun and waited.  They started coming at me in 3s and in 2s.  3 different times grenades were tossed, none made it in.  When I ran out of ammo for the Trench Gun, I switched back to the Mosin.  By the time it was done I still had Schmidt, 3 officers, 2 grunts to clear um optional passageway thingy (forget the award), and 3 random guys I found.

That's all *I* could find searching the map - including the caves, etc...

HTH

---

Peter_C

---

Posted 2 years ago

it happened using the all of the rifles. Happens on all maps. Maybe I have custom AI settings too "aware" or "responsive" ?

Please sign in to post.