Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

AUTHENTIC : CAN TAKE WAY TOO MUCH PUNISHMENT

Posted 2 years ago

I have to raise this again...

This game, playing on AUTHENTIC difficulty, it's so bloody easy, I have to say, it's ruining the game for me -- so much so I've actually stopped playing. 

I loaded up today, to try and get back into it - I was just mucking about killing folks with unmasked shots, and then pulling out my machine gun to take them down. 

It's laughable - I was peppered with bullets several times, and was still not dead.....? 

Ironically, I think the enemy soldiers actually take way too much damage in this mode as well, anything other than a head shot, they can take inhuman amount of damage from bullets to the body -- and we're talking about normal German soldiers, wearing clothes, there's no body armour here... it doesn't make sense. 

Posted 2 years ago

You're absolutely right. When I read your post title, I was going to say the enemies take too much damage also, but you covered that as well. 

Everyone takes way too much damage, and wounding is nearly impossible. I remember in SE1 where wounding was a reliable tactic to draw others out. Now either a shot is instantly fatal, or it may as well be a nerf dart. 

Posted 2 years ago

You're absolutely right. When I read your post title, I was going to say the enemies take too much damage also, but you covered that as well. 

Everyone takes way too much damage, and wounding is nearly impossible. I remember in SE1 where wounding was a reliable tactic to draw others out. Now either a shot is instantly fatal, or it may as well be a nerf dart. 

I want to be able to like shoot them in the legs to draw others out for the kill (like real snipers did - bait for fishing) but 7 out of 10 times, all I do is kill them - forget about gut-shooting them... bleed-outs happen in like 10-15 seconds too.

---

Peter_C

---

Posted 2 years ago

I'm in agreement, I wish it was harder. I would prefer both the player and the enemies to be far more vulnerable on Authentic difficulty. If I shoot an enemy in the face with a sniper round I expect them to die, not 50% of the time just pop back up and return fire, it's artificially raising the difficulty making the enemies take multiple hits (sometimes I hit an enemy four times with rifle rounds before they go down). I would prefer it if an enemy who isn't hit in a vital organ goes down injured.

What I miss from Sniper Elite 3 on the toughest difficulty is having only one life to complete the mission, die and that's it. It added a great level of tenseness to gameplay.

I would love for Authentic difficulty to be a high benchmark for difficulty in the gaming world. There are plenty of other lower difficulties to suit people of all skill levels so I think the devs should go all out to make Authentic REALLY tough i.e. as authentic as possible. Maybe things like one rifle round removes all but the tiniest amount of health (nobody likes to be one-shot killed), two hits kill you. The snipers maybe SHOULD kill you with one shot because there's the audible warnings that tell you when there's a sniper looking in your direction AND when they've spotted you. Personally I'd like these audible warnings removed as they just make the game easier.

Maybe restrict the number of medkits/bandages you can carry as well.

Please sign in to post.