Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

General » PC

Game crashes 1/18/2019

Posted 8 months ago

Game has been crashing after about 30 mins to an hour of play for no apparent reason. Game will either blue screen or simply just turn off with no reason. Task manager shows no unusual spikes, my hardware monitor show no unusual temps or speeds, and my gpu monitor shows no unusual signs.  I have been playing for a couple weeks with no issues before 1/18/2019. 

I think it may be related to recent windows update and nvidia driver update but can't confirm.    

Hope there is a fix that can fix the issue.

My pc specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD 1500x

GPU: GTX 1060 6gb

RAM: 16gb

Storage: 1 SSD 120gb, 2 HDD(1 Tb each)

PSU: 750 watt(evga 80 plus bronze)

Posted 8 months ago - edited 8 months ago by Asvertus

Can´t start Sniper Elite 4 Steam.

Game crash´s without an error after start upon the Launcher.

Have my new PC since 1 week. Yesterday i want to play SE4 and installed over steam. Want start but nothing does. Checked all Drivers and so on. But Nothing. All other Games run perfectly.

(Ok not all, Dying Light have the same Problem, start and instant crash without an error. But that´s an other Dev. ;) )

On my Old PC SE4 and DL runs perfect without flaws. 

The only Thing that´s different it´s the video Driver.

Old PC: NV 417.35

New PC: NV 417.75

But there´s no Option to use the older Driver on the new PC, because i want to use the FreeSync-Option on my Screen.

Is this now the failure of NVidia, or a Problem with SE4 and NVidia?

Will there be an patch from Rebellion?

Thanks for your answer. ;)

And here my Spec´s:

CPU: Intel i7-9700K

Motherboard: GigaByte Z390 Gaming SLI

GPU: GigaByte N2070 Gaming OC 8GC

RAM: 32 GB

Posted 8 months ago

Can´t start Sniper Elite 4 Steam.

Game crash´s without an error after start upon the Launcher.

Have my new PC since 1 week. Yesterday i want to play SE4 and installed over steam. Want start but nothing does. Checked all Drivers and so on. But Nothing. All other Games run perfectly.

(Ok not all, Dying Light have the same Problem, start and instant crash without an error. But that´s an other Dev. ;) )

On my Old PC SE4 and DL runs perfect without flaws. 

The only Thing that´s different it´s the video Driver.

Old PC: NV 417.35

New PC: NV 417.75

But there´s no Option to use the older Driver on the new PC, because i want to use the FreeSync-Option on my Screen.

Is this now the failure of NVidia, or a Problem with SE4 and NVidia?

Will there be an patch from Rebellion?

Thanks for your answer. ;)

Bees

Administrator

Posted 8 months ago

Sorry for the late response on this. We have contacted Nvidia about this issue, which does seem to be driver-related, and we are still investigating the issue.

Posted 8 months ago

If you follow the Steam forum posts there is much more information about what to try to fix this:

1) The most common fix is to uncheck the Sniper Elite 4 DirectX12 option.  Doing that fixes the problem for most people.

2) Running the game in Windowed mode also fixes the crashing problems for many.  Again in SE4 options.

3) Turning off the "report problems to Rebellion" option in the SE4 options solves the problem for some.

4) And if all of the above fails to solve your problem, go to the Steam Forums for SE4 and look at the various crashing threads to find the recommended versions of the NVidia drivers to use.  But this is a "last ditch" attempt, as it is not a good idea to fall back to old versions of drivers (for security reasons among others), especially when they work perfectly with every other game.

Posted 8 months ago

if i recall i think there was an update a few days ago on steam did that happen to be the nvidia driver fix? i hope you guys are able to fix it!

Posted 7 months ago

still having really weird stutter and blue screens while running dx12... never had them before today 

amd 2700x

gtx 1080

16gigs ram

windows 10

asus prime x470 pro

970 evo m.2

i really shouldn't be experiencing lag with this current testbuild of my pc

Posted 6 months ago

Hello; I too am I have crashing issues ever since my GTX 1070 got an update from 399.07 to revision 419.67. I'm not sure if the fault is with Rebellion or Nvidia on this but this is the only game I've observed more and consistent crash issues with since the update. I can't play for more then 20 or 30 minutes before the game crashes.

Posted 6 months ago

@Bees Is there any update on this? I just purchased the game yesterday and I'm having the same exact issue that has been going on for months now. 

Please sign in to post.

Sign in to search.

Please sign in to post.

Recent Activity

Support (PC)

Beldeth posted 2 years ago

Game crashes 1/18/2019

jweg posted 6 months ago

Changing characters

PGProf posted 8 months ago

lütfen yardım edin

SAPHIRE posted 9 months ago