Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

Patch Wishlist - Bugs, Issues, Little Things

Posted 2 years ago

Love the game, now in 3D (yes, I was partially wrong, but more on that later), but there are still a few quirks and issue I've found, so since presumably the first bigger patch will arrive soon, hopefully making sure no more resets happen and that the MP is on the up-an'-up, I'm going to list the things that I noticed so far, that could use some improvement for the next patch:

Gameplay:

Interact areas of generators while crouching:
Maybe it's just me, but when approaching a generator crouched and trying to interact with it, I'm having a hard time getting the prompt to do so (or it vanishes after a moment) and I have to crouch-walk around the thing, away from it, back to it and hammer the SQUARE button, hoping it will trigger. It's... really annoying, especially since most other interactions work fine.

No way to abort booby-trapping a generator:
Again, maybe just me, but with the issue mentioned above, it often happens that I accidentally rig the generator for explosion - and I wish I could abort doing that, like planting a mine, but there's no way to do it. There should be.

Environment and being prone:
There are pieces of very stubborn grass that simply don't allow you to crawl over them for no reason I can see.
There are areas, where there is clearly enough space to go prone, but the game won't allow me, like the window ledges of the towers in the first mission - I should be able to go prone and have my character's torso on that ledge outside, but I can't.
There are some areas, that when approaching them in prone force you into crouch - you just get up when you come near. In a stealth game, that simply shouldn't happen. Stop me from crawling further if you have to, but don't have me just randomly "stand up" when trying to crawl somewhere.

To be continued in next post...

Posted 2 years ago

Gameplay 3D

Still want that 2D-scope view patch like in SE3:

Yes, so with the help of good Ol' Quigley here on the forums, I found a way to make the 3D scope view work, and it not working before was due to settings in my TV. So my bad.
Thing is, though, I never touched those settings before - and after the Sniper Elite 3 patch for the 2D-Scope it worked just fine, even with my settings. I downloaded SE3 again and tested it, just to be sure.
Now, those settings increase the quality of the 3D A LOT - they are the 3D-Viewpoint settings on LG TVs, and like I said, they worked fine after SE3 got patched, so I'd love to see that in SE4, as well.

Binoculars Crosshairs in 3D don't render at the same distance as what you are looking at:
The same issue was present in SE3, and no, it's not due to my settings. Trust me, I don't like being wrong or to look stupid, so I took care to test it in both games, and the binoculars in 3D, their crosshairs, render at a fixed distance, not the distance of what you are looking at. It makes tagging and focusing very annoying, and should be an easy fix, since both the shoulder-aim/secondary-weapon/pistol crosshairs and the aim assist diamond are rendered this way, adjusting to the distance of what you are looking at, but the binoculars crosshairs do not.

Aiming in Foliage in 3D confuses your shoulder-aim/sec-wep/pistol crosshairs, making aiming difficult:
As stated above, the crosshairs render at the distance (meaning your eyes perceive them at the same distance as) what you are looking/aiming at. But if you're in foliage, in those little bushes that hide you and give off that spooky sound effect, when you aim, the foliage confuses the distance rendering, so despite the foliage going see-through when you aim, the crosshairs are rendered at the foliage distance, right where you are, and not what you are aiming at.
It happens pretty much always when you're prone, most of the time when you crouch. You have to basically stick your arm out the front or aim very high to get the crosshairs to do what it should, which in turn defeats the reason for being in that bush in the first place.
So, if possible, I'd appreciate it, if Foliage would be disregarded by the distance rendering algorithm for the shoulder-aim etc. crosshairs.

Objects with reflections confuse my eyes:
This is not a big issue, but I thought I'd mention it, since it also occurred in the movie "Dredd 3D" - you know, the one you talked your girl into seeing with you, since, you know, Karl Urban, and then he doesn't take of that helmet for the whole movie :D - and "Dredd 3D" was produced by Rebellion!
Anyway, the issue is this: Sometimes, at some angles, there is a light reflection on an object visible, but only from the angle of one eye. So your left eye sees a bright reflection on something, but your right eye doesn't. It's confusing, it feels like there's something in your eye but not. It didn't happen often, but it reminded me instantly of Dredd and Rebellion did that, too...

Posted 2 years ago

Gameplay Convenience:

"Authentic" Bullet Sponges:
I understand that Authentic is supposed to be the hardest difficulty, but seeing how devastating rifle rounds really are, it's kinda hard to reconcile "Authentic" with "I've hit him three times with the rifle, and he's still running!". As someone else said, enemy toughness on "Cadet" feels a lot more realistic. If enemies do more damage to you, maybe you should also do more damage to them...

Custom Crosshairs: It has been mentioned a lot, and I'll do it again - because they are sorely missed. The Mosin "Crosshairs" is just a pointer with lots of open space. I want the nice crosshairs from SE3 back, with lots of mildots and stuff. Let me choose.
Let me work for it, even, give me something to work for after I've mastered a rifle or cleared a level or reached level 30, but bring them back, please.

Crosshairs and Wind-Gauge suitable for Night Missions / Dark Background:
Black on Black is not very visible. Yet, all crosshairs and the wind gauge are black, and should you happen to play without aim assist in a night mission, or your target happens to stand in front of a dark background, it's really annoying, especially the wind gauge, as a little wind difference can make a huge kill-or-nor-kill difference when the ranges get longer.
This issue was already present in SE3, so I will suggest the same thing here I suggested back then: a 1 or 2 pixel outline around both crosshairs and the windgauge. On bright backgrounds you won't notice, but on dark backgrounds it would let the things you need to see be visible.

to be continued in next post...

Posted 2 years ago

Gameplay Convenience: (continued)

Switch Camera side by tapping L1:
Holding L1, then pressing Triangle is awkward and takes you out of the game flow. So why not switch camera sides by tapping L1, letting the menu only come up when you hold it?

Option to disable Radar and enemy awareness:
The radar is probably the most helpful tool, along with the awareness bars over enemies heads. Some people don't like stealth aids like that, but still like to have some HUD, showing their ammo or how many rounds are still in the magazine.

Timed Tagging without wallhack:
As tagging seems to NOT go away and we won't get a way to get range without tagging, maybe tagging could get a toggle (Sniper Elite / Authentic) to have it (on live enemy targets) be timed, not permanent, and without the wallhacking ability.
Let the timer refresh when you look at the tagged target, let it only start running when you look away, refresh when you look back. If the target moves behind foliage, let there be a thin outline, but if it vanishes behind a stone wall, let the timer run out very quickly.

Flint and Stone, I want you back:
All these gas can and other flammable explodey stuff, and no way to light the fuse, so to speak, then watch as enemies approach and go boom.

Ammo crates now explode immediately:
Or is there a trick to it? In SE3, shooting a crate with ammo you could pick up, would start a little fireworks display and attract/distract enemies before eventually exploding, now they seem to explode on the first shot, even a silenced shot, scaring enemies away, not luring them in close (and then they yell: "I'll get you, Sniper!")

Posted 2 years ago

Enemy AI:

An exploding truck does NOT mean: "Sniper attacking!"
Unless, of course, the enemy AI is aware of the title of the game. Now, I love how they now investigate after an explosion, and I know that veteran soldiers can apparently tell mine explosions from other explosions, but I still hear enemies yelling "Stay in Cover!" or "Keep your heads down!" just after a soundmasked shot exploded a truck that wasn't in their sightline.
Also something that happend in SE3. If you're not German or don't speak it, you might not notice, but it's just weird.

General Issues:

Autosave when pausing the game:

This is a bit of a personal issue, as I often have to pause the game for a bit, and every time I do, one of my three Autosaves vanishes. I love the three autosave redundancy, but at times it even happened that I went into the menu to load the oldest autosave, only to have the game autosave because I went into the menu and overwrite the autosave I wanted to load.

The Germans sound like "not very smart people":
I don't know, who you got to do the voice over for the German soldiers, but some of the intonation, and the way they say things sounds... horribly fake, and, well, not in the upper two-digit IQ range. Fine, some of them sound like idiots. Maybe that's intentional. But maybe some better German voice actors would've been needed. It's only the little snippets they throw out, not the conversations, those are mostly fine (albeit not acted very well, either).
Now, I don't think you will pull a Destiny and do re-recordings of the VOs, but for the next time, maybe get a few more skilled people to do the Germans?

And that's it.

For now...

Posted 2 years ago

Hope this is read and sent to the DEVs...

---

Peter_C

---

Posted 2 years ago

Also - it seems this stuff gets more notice over in "General" than over here in "PS4".  I found I get faster answers posting over there and adding that I am on a PS4 in my thread, then by posting it over here - FYI...

---

Peter_C

---

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

Thanks for the input. Will forward this on.

Posted 2 years ago

Also - it seems this stuff gets more notice over in "General" than over here in "PS4".  I found I get faster answers posting over there and adding that I am on a PS4 in my thread, then by posting it over here - FYI...

Yeah, seems like it, doesn't it? (I also noticed that not that many people understand what the "Community - Content" subforum is about - content, like videos and stuff, from the community, not game contents like DLC ;) )

But it's here, it's been read, and I don't want to spam it.

Cheers, Bel, for paying attention (still hoping for someone from you guys or the community to take up my longshot challenge on Mission 2, as seen in the Community Video Kill thread over in the Community Content forum, the thread that only has my videos for some reason :D )

Please sign in to post.