Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

Community Video Kill Thread

Posted 2 years ago

Sharefactory is kinda complicated, as in too many options and very confusing menus.

If you want to pick out one shot out of a long vid, easiest way is to use the PS4 Capture Gallery, then look at the vid (you can fast forward with the D-Pad) and note down the time your shot starts and ends (use TRIANGLE to see the time code). Then exit the vid, press Options, go to Trim and use the Timeline of the vid to select a start and end time (L2 and R2) - You can fine tune the segments it shows too, selecting how much time passes between each. Then you can either overwrite the original vid or save it as a new vid.

Then you can either share it or maybe collect a few more short clips, then merge them in sharefactory. It's pretty simple if you don't want fancy stuff, really. Start Sharefactory, select New Project (Video), then choose your Theme (Intro and Outro). Then select the clips you want to use. Start the Project, then Rename it to something appropriate (but be aware there is a very low character limit when renaming, so you will probably have to edit that once you're in the project editor).

The Project is created, you get your intro clips, with your Title (what you renamed it to) in one of the first clips. If you want to edit that, move to the clip, press Square, select Edit Overlay (bottom left corner of menu), press X. Now, you're in the Overlay Menu (Stickers, Text, etc). On the left side are the current overlays used in the clip. Select the one you want to edit, then press SQUARE (pressing X will just add another overlay). Then select Edit Text, edit it, then exit the overlay menu by pressing O. Be aware that if you add overlays into a clip, they will appear at the time your at in the the timeline and be present until the end of the clip (i.e. if you are in the middle of a clip and add an overlay, it will only appear from the middle of the clip until the end of the clip).

With the naming out of the way, just rearrange the clips you selected, if necessary (SQUARE, then MOVE CLIPS). I you want to trim the individual clips, you can do that too, either by using the TRIM option or the SPLIT option. TRIM is a bit more complicated with the controls. (Side note: If you want to add transitions, like fade outs, blends, etc. keep the clips about a second longer at beginning and end, since the transitions sometimes "cut" part of the clip).

Finally, once you're happy with the order and length of the clips, you can add transitions between the clips for smoother viewing. Press X (ADD), then ADD TRANSITION and choose one for each clip. The Transition will be added to the END of the clip you are currently in. And then you can export it to your Gallery or just share it directly :)

It sounds complicated (because Sharefactory has a horrible UI), but for simple things it can be really simple, too.

Posted 2 years ago

Sharefactory is kinda complicated, as in too many options and very confusing menus.

+1 to the above!  You lost me, how can I trim a video without using 'Share Factory" both at the front and back, and done to seconds?

Also, when I moved from my PS4 to my PS4Pro, I put everything on a USB stick (fine and well), but there is no option to import all the screenshots and videos from the USB stick back to the new PS4PRO???  What am I missing?

---

Peter_C

---

Posted 2 years ago

1. There's an "App", a program (as I like to still call them), on your PS4 called Capture Gallery. You can find it in the Library under Apps or on your Home Screen (also, this might be a great opportunity to make some order on your homescreen using folders for games - like "Action", "Shooter", "Adventure", "Relax" - and one for Apps you often want to use - like Capture Gallery, ShareFactory, Headset Companion, Spotify, Media Player etc.)

In Capture Gallery, you can view all your captures and screen shots, ordered by games/apps. But you can also use a rudimentary editing feature to trim your videos - done as I explained above: Select the Clip, press Options and then Trim.

2. For importing videos from your USB, you need to do that through Sharefactory, see here (I've never done that, though, but watch the whole thing, the beginning is kinda at the end):

Posted 2 years ago

1. There's an "App", a program (as I like to still call them), on your PS4 called Capture Gallery. You can find it in the Library under Apps or on your Home Screen (also, this might be a great opportunity to make some order on your homescreen using folders for games - like "Action", "Shooter", "Adventure", "Relax" - and one for Apps you often want to use - like Capture Gallery, ShareFactory, Headset Companion, Spotify, Media Player etc.)

In Capture Gallery, you can view all your captures and screen shots, ordered by games/apps. But you can also use a rudimentary editing feature to trim your videos - done as I explained above: Select the Clip, press Options and then Trim.

2. For importing videos from your USB, you need to do that through Sharefactory, see here (I've never done that, though, but watch the whole thing, the beginning is kinda at the end):

Thank you so much~!

It's a pity the PS4Pro won't allow uploading from USB back to the default locations again though ( for sharing, etc) but at least this can get stuff back onto the console!

If I had time to spend, between RTFM, Google and YouTube (reading is my friend) this would all be cake, but now that Spring has sprung, I won't have time for a while.  Am already feeling game withdrawals...

---

Peter_C

---

Posted 2 years ago

This video might be a bit nicer I hope?

---

Peter_C

---

Posted 2 years ago

:)

Capture Gallery Trimming is a lot simpler than sharefactory, but once you get into it a bit, you can work with both.

Posted 2 years ago

Just seen massive 1000m shot on the final mission.

:-O And I was glad with my 550 headshot ... I'm such a noob ... Seems like Rebellion doesn't mind sharing game footage on you-tube ... Which is awesome! Time for this try-hard sniper to make a hardcore video play through series ... Do you guys prefer a heavily edited series or a raw (see me fail a lot, drinking game) series?  

Posted 1 year ago

SE4 Kills Mp sniper pure

Posted 1 year ago

SE4 Kills mp sniper pure #2

Please sign in to post.