Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

Please bring back custom reticules/crosshairs (and make them - and the wind gauge - viable for night/dark missions)

Posted 2 years ago

Sniper Elite 3 had many different reticules for your scope to choose from.

Sniper Elite 4 has only one for each rifle. Some are halfway okay-ish. Some are kinda horrible to use on longer shots with wind and bullet drop. (Of course, we're not using the aim assist)

So I would really appreciate the unlockable custom crosshairs to come back. Something to work towards besides the often rather questionable upgrade challenges and general XP.

And if they do, well, as most of them are in black, they become kind of useless if what you're aiming at is equally black or very dark. Like in night missions. The same goes for the wind-gauge at the top of the screen, and while not seeing much of the reticule can be compensated for, not seeing the bars of the wind gauge forces you to take your aim off and aim at something bright - since wind is only displayed while in scope view.

The same problem was present in SE3 - and as it was suggested back then, why not make a simple one- or two-pixel white outline around the wind-gauge and the crosshairs?

Far as I understand it, that'd be a few clicks in Photoshop, then replace the existing graphical asset with the new one via patch. And it wouldn't bother anyone in light environments, but would make both reticule and wind gauge stand out on dark backgrounds - which is kinda important for people playing the game with wind, bullet drop, but without the aim assist.

(And I really have to wonder by now, if anyone ever really play-tested the game on harder difficulties without the aim-assist, as some many glaringly obvious issues hampering your enjoyment of actually aiming yourself - in 2D or 3D - seem to have been missed. And as several of these have already been present and reported in Sniper Elite 3, that's twice in a row.)

Posted 2 years ago

Agreed, this by far is the biggest issue for me with this game right now. For a game that boasted about customization in the advertisements, removing the change reticle feature from se3 is a big misstep 

Posted 2 years ago

Absolutely agree. For every step forward they seem to take one step back. In essance this is one of the best sniper elite games I have ever played, but the lack of customization in Carl, the weapons and the recticles is just such a shame.

Bring back the custom scopes!

Posted 2 years ago

..(....bump......)

bump

---

Peter_C

---

Posted 2 years ago

would like to be able to change crosshair colours in the binoculars.  With them black its a bit difficult to tag enemy and objects when its dark or when looking at dark backgrounds.  Yellow, white or light green would be better.

Posted 2 years ago

@Beldath - please read this?

---

Peter_C

---

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

Im reading. :)

As do the devs.

Posted 2 years ago

Sorry - I won't harass you then :P

---

Peter_C

---

Posted 2 years ago

I would like the devs to know how much I appreciate how the mildots expand proportionally with the scope zoom. The absence of which was a fundamental shortcoming of the otherwise excellent SEV2.  

In SE3, disabling empty lung zoom basically fixed this problem.  The custom reticles, zoom, and muzzle velocities allowed for a nearly perfect shooting dynamics. 

When I realized that the mildots grew with the scope zoom in SE4, I hoped the "purists" like myself could finally benefit from the empty lung zoom without the aim assist. This was *almost* the case, as the mildots are way too far apart to use at ranges less than 300 to 400m. Could we please have reticles with mildots that mark intuitive bullet drops? Maybe large ticks at 100m intervals and small ones at 25? (Ones that expand with the empty lung zoom.)

Right now the first mildot is about the height of a person at 100m, which is actually a pretty handy ranging tool, but it would be great if they were more closely spaced. Hence, custom reticles seem like a great idea to me. 

Most of all, thanks for an awesome game!

Posted 2 years ago

Sadly, though, the zoom stretch only works with scopes with mil-dots. The Mosin, for example, only has a pointer from the bottom to the center, then two arrows from the sides that go about 2/3 of the way in, with nothing in between and no dots or lines, at all.

And when you empty-lung-zoom, the empty spaces to the left and right of the center do not stretch, so a shot that was on the point of the left arrow in regular zoom will land somewhere completely different when at the point of the left arrow in empty-lung zoom.

One of the reasons I want the other reticules so badly. The Mosin is really hard as its crosshairs provide very, very limited visual aids.

Posted 2 years ago

For the mosin  reticle, it's not the elevation that bothers me as much as the lack of windage milldots. Please devs, bring back the change reticle feature!!! Thankx 

Posted 2 years ago

You're absolutely right about the mosin scope. While I appreciate the effort and consideration that went into the mildot zoom, I don't actually use them. 

The closest to an actual useful mildot that I've found in SE4 is the 98k post triangle (same as mosin).  On authentic the zoom and muzzle velocity put the bullet drop at a consistent 100m at the base of the triangle. For 50, 150, 250, etc. shots you aim halfway down the triangle with your range set to  0,100, 200, etc. 

Posted 5 months ago

would like to be able to change crosshair colours in the binoculars.  With them black its a bit difficult to tag enemy and objects when its dark or when looking at dark backgrounds.  Yellow, white or light green would be better.

Completely agree. The binocular crosshair is completely invisible in dark environments. Please let us change color or  better, anti-alias it so it always shows up whether dark or light environment.

Love everything else about the game. :)

Please sign in to post.