Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

General » PC

Crash loading my save = lost profile, level...

Posted 2 years ago

I wanted to "load" saved game. The screen has been black and the computer has been locked. No windows buttons worked

I have rebooted the system, but it has not recovered my profile, just start the game gives a message "save corrupted".

I only had the option to accept the message, and followed me to choose screen brightness, sound ... and in the menu effectively my level is 0 (I already had 40 level and unlocked everything ...).

I'm surprised that I do not save my profile nor steam nor to load another of my saved games. I note that if they load the save link and weapons, but still at level 0, and without unlocking the improvements made earlier to this crash.

For this reason, I urge Rebellion:

1) If I can do something to retrieve my profile

2) Regardless, can you tell me where to store for win10 the profiles and saves game so I can make backups in the future?

I have win10, 1070gtx and play 2560x1080 ultra well until yersterday with this problem. This is the first problem I have after 25 game hours...

Thanks

Posted 2 years ago

Hi,

Try the solution below.

Go to:

C:\Users\[user.name]\AppData\Local\SniperElite4\PC_ProfileSaves\[number]\

backup the profile in "slot1" (or the whole PC_ProfileSaves directory, just in case) and rename it  to "slot0", replacing the previous "slot0" file.

Looks like there is a kind of fail-safe mechanism incorporated, performing the instant saves in two files alternatively, while only one of them becomes broken during a system crash.

The directory may be hidden depending on your Windows setting so you may need to adjust it in the "View"setting at the top of the window.

Worked for me, not in the exact spot I have lost my savegames, but pretty close. Still, the earnings are huge.

Cheers,

Posted 2 years ago

Hi,

Try the solution below.

Go to:

C:\Users\[user.name]\AppData\Local\SniperElite4\PC_ProfileSaves\[number]\

backup the profile in "slot1" (or the whole PC_ProfileSaves directory, just in case) and rename it  to "slot0", replacing the previous "slot0" file.

Looks like there is a kind of fail-safe mechanism incorporated, performing the instant saves in two files alternatively, while only one of them becomes broken during a system crash.

The directory may be hidden depending on your Windows setting so you may need to adjust it in the "View"setting at the top of the window.

Worked for me, not in the exact spot I have lost my savegames, but pretty close. Still, the earnings are huge.

Cheers,

Thank you very much friend. 

I'll try it as soon as I can. 

Having a solution has already made 

my day a great.

Cordial greetings.

Posted 2 years ago

I no have had luck, I lost my profile (both save 0 and 1corrup). But I try this and work if i had the backup, so i can do backups and use this path. I will enjoy the game again and forget the lost level, thanks again for your help,  Dziobak.

Posted 4 months ago

so apparently there is a fix for this!

I simply deleted the entire file (the one that"s just a string of numbers) hoping to restart my game and opened the game. it worked! i got my files back. not sure why but it did!

Please sign in to post.

Sign in to search.

Please sign in to post.

Recent Activity

Support (PC)

Beldeth posted 2 years ago

Game crashes 1/18/2019

jweg posted 1 month ago

Changing characters

PGProf posted 3 months ago

lütfen yardım edin

SAPHIRE posted 4 months ago