Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

Hardcore rewarded?

Posted 2 years ago

playing authentic really makes the game a challenge but my qeustion or statement is

why dont i get rewarded for this gamemode

i mean sniper elite is to easy with the diamond indicator but you also getting acces to the skill tree and upgrades i know that skills dont work for authentic but what about upgrades?

i dont feel much rewarded for playing authentic mode like a freind said to me "i feel like a castaway left aside

and missing a whole part of the game"

Posted 2 years ago

I really cant believe the gun upgrades are not accesible in authentic mode. I mean only x4 in terms of zoom?

Thats just awfull..

Authentic mode seems to be just for a personal challenge with no rewards apart from a achievement or two.

Such a shame for all that effort it takes to complete these levels

Posted 2 years ago

Agreed. They should still let you upgrade your guns. The difficulty and fun factor between Sniper Elite and Authentic difficulties is absurd. I wish Sniper Elite Difficulty was just a little bit more difficult and I wish Authentic was actually fun to play.

Posted 2 years ago

just found out only the zoom upgrade isnt working on authentic so only the damage, recoil and stability is on for authentic

Posted 2 years ago

just found out only the zoom upgrade isnt working on authentic so only the damage, recoil and stability is on for authentic

Are you sure? It says that none of the upgrades are active on Authentic....

Posted 2 years ago

Are you sure? It says that none of the upgrades are active on Authentic....

i believe so it's noted when you go select your sniper in the equipment menu

''scopes are locked to a single magnification on Authentic difficulty''

and my mosin nagant has got more green velocity than the springfield!

Posted 2 years ago

Doesn't it say that no upgrades are applied to authentic difficulty? Or does that just apply to the scopes?

Posted 2 years ago

only the scopes

my mosin velocity was horrible before the upgrade

Posted 2 years ago

The way I play it:

Custom difficulty, everything set to Sniper Elite (incl. no health regen, which is not labeled as Sniper Elite but you need it off for achievements to count) and the Authentic HUD.

It's not perfect, but a lot better than the limited options of SE3.

Of course, if WE could decide what we would have and what not, like the way the list in MP makes you think you could, everything from wallhack-tagging to radar to enemy icons to ammo to bullet drop, not just presets, I guess that would make the game too user friendly...

Posted 2 years ago

That would be nice if they removed the set zooms from the rifle scope and the binoculars on authentic difficulty. That just makes sniping annoying, which is counter-intuitive to the game. We should be able to use mastery weapon skins, too. 

Posted 2 years ago

Do "Mastery Weapon Skins" do anything other than for looks?  Asks the Newbie on the PS4...

---

Peter_C

---

Posted 2 years ago

nope there just for look but some people like ma love all guns gold like i have

Posted 2 years ago

Having set zooms on the scopes and binoculars is authentic though for WWII isn't it? I'm pretty sure there wasn't. When I jumped from Elite difficulty to Authentic it took a bit of getting used to but now I'm totally used to it. It's harder but I think it's not only made better at sniping it's made me appreciate the rifles all the more.

I'd like the custom difficulty to be fully customisable for players to play how they want but I want Authentic mode be just that, authentic. I just wish the game was harder.

Please sign in to post.