Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

Is there a MP mode without the Aim Assist Diamond (on consoles, too)?

Posted 2 years ago

Biggest issue I had with SE3 MP was that the red diamond aim assist was always there. Which kinda defeats the point for me.

So I am wondering if there are separate playlists or difficulty settings (that apply to all who play, not just you), so you play matches where nobody has the aim assist?

Thanks

Posted 2 years ago

C'mon, anyone? I tried SE and Reb on twitter, but they don't seem to to respond there, either, so... please? Someone must have this on console and be able to take a look at the MP matchmaking/matchbrowsing options. Please?

Posted 2 years ago

I spotted yesterday the settings screen for Xbox One.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GimbleFIN/screenshot/5751512

Lot of stuff but and I'm glad there are! BUT really the one I'm especially hoping is the diamond. Seems like Rebellion has failed to communicate on this, i try to figure this out myself today and reply to you tomorrow at latest. Really hope it's been taken care of on consoles too.

Posted 2 years ago

THANK YOU. Finally.

Is this the settings screen for MP matchmaking? (I would think so, but it says GAME SETTINGS over the different modes)

And if it is, would you then search for / host a match with the settings you chose? Or do these settings only apply to yourself? (which would be weird, but I've seen weirder...)

Thanks again.

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

Hey, 

Sorry been so busy.

We have dedicated settings for the console to run without the aim assist in multiplayer. We are actually thinking of adding more as well.

Posted 2 years ago

Will it be possible to change those settings individually? At the moment all we have are a few presets. Custom ones would be great.

Posted 2 years ago

Hey, 

Sorry been so busy.

We have dedicated settings for the console to run without the aim assist in multiplayer. We are actually thinking of adding more as well.

Thank you.

I went and bought the game (to my utter frustration I might add, because you chose to NOT include the necessary 2D scope view option for playing in 3D, despite patching it into SE3) and found the Multiplayer settings - and I am sorely missing a Sniper Elite playlist. Right now, the only presets without Aim Assist are Pure Sniper and Run 'n Gun, but the latter has no bullet drop and the first only has sniper rifles.

And I am finding it hard to understand why, in a game called Sniper Elite, there is no Multiplayer preset that corresponds to the titular Sniper Elite difficulty level (bullet drop, wind, no aim assist; but with all weapons, HUD and empty lung zoom).

So if you could add that, I think a lot more people would give this a try than something rather restrictive like Pure Sniper.

(And please, PLEASE patch in the option for a 2D scope - otherwise the game is not playable in 3D without using the aim assist, because you cannot aim with your crosshairs - more details here: http://forum.rebellion.co.uk/sniper4/thread/1576)

Posted 2 years ago

Dont understand why you can play like this in singleplayer but not in mp?

Sniper elite v2 had a great custom match option to adjust all rules and assists but for some reason se3 and se4 are taking a step backwards in regards to this.

Why? Why would you not give people this option anymore? I'm not playing this game with that triangle guys. Rather go back to sev2

Posted 2 years ago

Ok good you got your answer already. This is tricky, you can't have endless customization because that will lead to situation where player join a game a never know what's going on. Having limited options is solution but sad to see that only option without diamond is Pure Sniper. I would probably prefer somewhat default settings but without diamond and running or something like that. Too early and too less playing time to really comment on this.

Posted 2 years ago

Ok good you got your answer already. This is tricky, you can't have endless customization because that will lead to situation where player join a game a never know what's going on. Having limited options is solution but sad to see that only option without diamond is Pure Sniper. I would probably prefer somewhat default settings but without diamond and running or something like that. Too early and too less playing time to really comment on this.

Why not only allow endless customization for private matches?

Please sign in to post.