Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

PS4 Pro and DirectX12

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

We're thrilled to announce that Sniper Elite 4 will support both the PlayStation®4 Pro as well as DirectX 12* on PC when it launches February 14th!

On the PlayStation®4 Pro we're excited to offer a numebr of technical improvements, including enhance frame rate, improved lighting, and faster loading times! 

"We've worked really hard to make Sniper Elite 4 our biggest and best game ever. And now the power of PlayStation®4 Pro, and DirectX 12 on PC, means we can take things even further for our fans who want the best sniper experience in the world. We're turning everthing upto 12!" - Chris Kingsley, Rebellion CTO and Co-founder.

Here is a full list of features Sniper Elite 4 will include on the PlayStation®4 Pro:

• Enhanced frame rate
  • Increased draw distances
  • Increased geometry level of detail
  • Improved lighting and shadows fidelity
  • Increased image quality of reflections
  • Faster loading times

*In addition to supporting DirectX 12, Sniper Elite 4 still supports DirectX 11.

Posted 2 years ago

Running the PS4 Pro on a 65" Samsung curved J9500 4K HDR panel and the game freakin' rocks. Loved the series since the first one on XBox and I'm a campaign guy. Awesome level design... feels more open, more expansive of the environments and mechanics are well done. Dying for the DLC to be released in Canada. Great work guys, congrats!

Posted 2 years ago

Am on a PS4 now, am hoping to get a PS4Pro soon as I can...

Fixed income and all that (disabled), but maybe this summer?

---

Peter_C

---

Posted 2 years ago

@Beldeth

So, am on a PS4 with a 32" TV about 30" away from me (has HDR, but maxes out at 1080P).  Do you believe I will notice much difference in SE4 if I upgrade to a PS4Pro but do *not* change my TV to a 4K TV? (HDR does work and is ON)...

Thoughts please?

---

Peter_C

---

Posted 2 years ago

@Beldeth

So, am on a PS4 with a 32" TV about 30" away from me (has HDR, but maxes out at 1080P).  Do you believe I will notice much difference in SE4 if I upgrade to a PS4Pro but do *not* change my TV to a 4K TV? (HDR does work and is ON)...

Thoughts please?

It sounds like it, you don't need 4K TV, because Sniper Elite 4 is not in 4K, but i think you will notice a difference from the normal PS4 to the PS4 Pro:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-sniper-elite-4-performance-analysis

And the same can be said as we move from PlayStation 4 onto PS4 Pro. In thie case, Rebellion decided not to boost resolution - Sniper Elite 4 resolves native 1080p, even with the Pro set to output a 4K image. The idea here is that the developer uses the machine's extra GPU and CPU horsepower to render out higher quality effects, closer to PC's higher-end settings.

According to Rebellion

, PS4 Pro enjoys increased draw distances, geometric detail, lighting, shadows and reflections - not to mention improved performance, something we'll address shortly.

Posted 2 years ago

Thank you for both the comment, and the link too :-)  More fuel for my fire~!

---

Peter_C

---

Please sign in to post.