Rebellion

Sniper Elite

Se5 Protagonist?

Posted 1 week ago - edited 1 week ago by zeroproxy

I've been wondering what the general consensus is on Karl as the protagonist for the next game. 

I didn't really enjoy playing as him during the campaign of 4, He's about as bland and typical as can be. (sorry devs) I've heard a lot of people at least hoping for him to gain some more personality in the next game but I'm really hoping he isn't the protagonist. 

First reason is that I would like a new campaign from a new perspective, A female lead would also be welcome. If we play as a Russian sniper for example it would be pretty cool to encounter Karl from the other side of the battlefield. Even to have an engagement with him. (not gonna lie, killing him as the new protagonist would be a good sendoff) 

On the other hand I think it would be interesting to play as a new sniper who was trained by Karl. Pushing him into the reluctant mentor role, he could guide you on your first mission and then provide assistance on others. 

So what do you think? is Karl an integral part of the series for you? or is it time for him to pass the reins?

Posted 1 week ago

I've been wondering what the general consensus is on Karl as the protagonist for the next game. 

I didn't really enjoy playing as him during the campaign of 4, He's about as bland and typical as can be. I've heard a lot of people at least hoping for him to gain some more personality in the next game but I'm really hoping he isn't the protagonist. 

First reason is that I would like a new campaign from a new perspective, A female lead would also be welcome. If we play as a Russian sniper for example it would be pretty cool to encounter Karl from the other side of the battlefield. Even to have an engagement with him. (not gonna lie, killing him as the new protagonist would be a good sendoff) 

On the other hand I think it would be interesting to play as a new sniper who was trained by Karl. Pushing him into the reluctant mentor role, he could guide you on your first mission and then provide assistance on others. 

So what do you think? is Karl an integral part of the series for you? or is it time for him to pass the reins?

Please sign in to post.