Rebellion

Sniper Elite

Stereoscopic 3D Question

Posted 6 days ago

Hello,

I bought Sniper Elite V2 Remastered yesterday as I do own Sniper Elite III and Sniper Elite 4 already, which I enjoy playing in stereoscopic 3D on PS4 pro connected to a Toshiba ZL1.

Naturally I assumed the remaster of V2 would support / include the stereoscopic 3D option as well because the PC version did and all the other Sniper Elite titles on PS4 do as well.

Instead, Sniper Elite V2 Remastered is the only game in the series that I can not play in stereoscopic 3D which unfortunately breaks my hope that I can play all 3 of them one after another in stereoscopic 3D.

Thus my question: Is there any chance for a future patch or update which will add the stereoscopic 3D - feature to Sniper Elite V2 Remastered as well or is this more work on the engine/balancing than just adding a switch to the options menu (stereo3D/30fps/1080p/only PS4pro XoneX) ?

Best wishes,
H.

Bees

Administrator

Posted 5 days ago

We've no plans to add the feature as it just isn't widely used enough to make it worth the development time unfortunately.

Posted 4 days ago

Thank you for your quick reply.

I thought it may be just switching a "feature toggle" in the source code instead of taking on some more sophisticated development. As it, despite the obligatory testing process afterward, also takes a greater development effort other than just "switching this on," I understand stereo 3D won't come for V2 anymore.

Posted 4 days ago

Besides being sad about Sniper Elite V2 remastered, fortunately, I was able to get a huge discount on Zombie Army Triology today.

Please sign in to post.