Rebellion

Sniper Elite

Suggestions for Sniper Elite 5 [sorry can't delete dupe]

Posted 4 months ago - edited 4 months ago by Emel

New here but really enyoy SE3, SE4 and will be buying SE5 on release (even if you pay no attention to my requests... the games are that good).

Suggestions / requests for Sniper Elite 5:

• KEEP the Save Game & Quicksave.  These are crucial for me.

• Shoot & scoot wins even the highest difficulty level too easily.  The Elite enemies may be more perceptive but consider increasing their numbers by 20% or even more.  And aggressive 4 or 5-man patrols would increase the cat & mouse tension that is the heart of these games.

•  Include mouse smoothing (from SE3) BUT please do it right.  In SE3 it over-corrects so the player seems drunk.  You need 'critical damping' so there is no overshoot - just smooth movement to the final position.  Also please make the amount of smoothing adjustable.

•  Consider a full first person option.  You're almost there when the player is aiming - all movement is natural.  BUT when it drops back to third-person, movement is terrible - the left and right keys (A & D on PC) actually turn the player when they should just shift side to side!  That's why it's so hard to firefight in close quarters, or even to run through rooms.  THIRD PERSON IS WRONG for a shooter - and takes much more graphics work!  It keeps Rebellion games in a lower class and visibility than, say, Battlefield.  That's a shame because everything else about the SE games is SUPER.

Thx

Posted 4 months ago

New here but really enyoy SE3, SE4 and will be buying SE5 on release.

Suggestions / requests for Sniper Elite 5:

• KEEP the Save Game & Quicksave.  These are crucial for me.

• Shoot & scoot wins even the highest difficulty level too easily.  The Elite enemies may be more perceptive but consider increasing their numbers by 20% or even more.  And aggressive 4 or 5-man patrols would increase the cat & mouse tension that is the heart of these games.

•  Include mouse smoothing (from SE3) BUT please do it right.  In SE3 it over-corrects so the player seems drunk.  You need 'critical damping' so there is no overshoot - just smooth movement to the final position.  Also please make the amount of smoothing adjustable.

•  Consider a full first person option.  You're almost there when the player is aiming - all movement is natural.  BUT when it drops back to third-person, movement is terrible - the left and right keys (A & D on PC) actually turn the player when they should just shift side to side!  That's why it's so hard to firefight in close quarters, or even to run through rooms.  THIRD PERSON IS WRONG for a shooter - and takes much more graphics work!  It keeps Rebellion games in a lower class and visibility than, say, Battlefield.  That's a shame because everything else about the SE games is SUPER.

Thx

Posted 4 months ago

limit use of rocks on higher difficulties, too overpowered. 

as for 1st person, would be a nice option, but I much prefer 3rd person.

dynamic weather and time of day would be a SUPERB addition

PLEASE take away that echoey sound when killing an enemy or make it an option

enough of the German/Italian soldiers. We need Japanese/Pacific setting, although I doubt cowards atSony will allow it. 

Please sign in to post.