Rebellion

Sniper Elite

Ability to Map console controller to buttons of our choice?

Posted 1 month ago

I asked on twitter but was just told there will be announcements later in content . So I will give it a try here . My question Can we Map our controller to custom layout on consoles Eg for Xbox one  - Use Y to climb instead of  the A button like how it is in SE4 . 

I had so much trouble trying to play 2 and 3 after spending over 100 hours playing SE 4 .  I really hope we can set button commands , please put this feature in if not .  Thank you for taking the time to read this . 

Posted 1 month ago

seriously doubt it. It's a "remaster" , not a reworking

Posted 1 month ago - edited 1 month ago by Wilfboy

I have mentioned this in a previous post (not answered) but they should at least let us change/swap the trigger/scope buttons to be the same as in sniper 3 & 4.  (It can’t be that hard to do).  I can live with the rest being unaltered. 

Even Rebellion must agree with this as it was them that changed it for the later games as mentioned.

To me it’s a bit of a deal breaker and I am holding back pre ordering this game until someone can verify this.

Posted 1 month ago

I have mentioned this in a previous post (not answered) but they should at least let us change/swap the trigger/scope buttons to be the same as in sniper 3 & 4.  I can live with the rest being unaltered. 

Even Rebellion must agree with this as it was them that changed it for the later games as mentioned.

To me it’s a bit of a deal breaker and I am holding back pre ordering this game until someone can verify this.

Posted 1 month ago

Well at least on Xbox One you can reconfigure buttons however you like so button layout or triggers being wrong-ways shouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone on Xbox. But kinda need Elite Controller in that case to make it easy to switch between different profiles for different games. Well it's an awesome accessory really recommend it for everybody.

You can't do this stuff on PS4?

Posted 2 weeks ago

It is concerning there is no official response on this. I mean how hard does it have to be to put the option in. Considering most folks are coming from playing so much SE4 we would really like to continue using that layout.

Posted 5 days ago

Hate to break this to you guys but you can’t swap the control config....scope mode is LB not the trigger as SE3/SE4.

Can’t believe they’ve not updated this....unless I’m missing something admins??????

iscottnoidea

Administrator

Posted 4 days ago

Hey all,

Unfortunately the controls cannot be remapped on consoles. I've passed on the feedback to the team though.

Cheers,

Scott

Posted 4 days ago

c'mon kids. Get over it. Is it so difficult to get used to a slightly different config.? The sense of entitlement is amazing.

Posted 3 days ago - edited 3 days ago by SnipeVet

The aim vs scope button is a big miss. Went back to check the original version, and it mirrors 3&4. Why the change? Can we please get it fixed? It's actually a pretty major game changer for the worse when you think of all the other shooter games out there that use the same mechanic and then run across this oddity.

Original

Remastered

Posted 3 days ago

The aim vs scope button is a big miss. Went back to check the original version, and it mirrors 3&4. Why the change? Can we please get it fixed? It's actually a pretty major game changer for the worse when you think of all the other shooter games out there that use the same mechanic and then run across this oddity.

Posted 1 day ago

Came here to post exactly the same question. why was this changed for the remaster?  also why isnt the camera free roam in photo mode? feels very restricted . 

Please sign in to post.