Rebellion

Battlezone

playstation 4 pro

Posted 3 years ago

Best Rebellion, Have you've played battlezone on the ps4 pro and does it differ a lot from the normal ps4.I'm trying to find out if it's a big difference and what the major diffences will be.

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 3 years ago

Hey, 

So if you were to have the PS4 and the PS4 Pro next to each other on launch day and boot up Battlezone you would not notice any difference.

The PSVR was designed to run completely functional on the PS4 without the need for an upgrade.

Posted 3 years ago

Hey, 

So if you were to have the PS4 and the PS4 Pro next to each other on launch day and boot up Battlezone you would not notice any difference.

The PSVR was designed to run completely functional on the PS4 without the need for an upgrade.

So we're trying to find answers here instead of vague terms like 'completely functional'. What is the difference in consistentcy of frame rate? Do you plan for supersampling to be enabled on Pro version? Will the LoD (level of detail) extend further on the Pro? Will the textures be higher resolution - if so what resolution? Will there be higher polycount 3D models on the Pro version? If so, about what is the general polycount of the higher poly models?

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 3 years ago

Sorry I would love to give more detail, but until a later date you will have to stay patient.

I can say however that we are are already using supersampling on the PS4 above the PSVR resolution. 

It also already hits a steady 120hz reprojected to keep things super smooth.

Posted 3 years ago

Any news yet regarding a ps4pro patch?

The 120hz reprojection leads to ghosting on all moving objects. As a rift and vive user this is really distracting for me. Framerate takes a hit too if a lot is going on.

And I don't think battlezone is rendering in psvrs native 1080p. Compared to a lot of other psvr games, battlezone looks really unsharp.

I do love your game though and hope you can and will improve it on ps4pro.

Judge_Moist

Posted 3 years ago

I can't really comment on what other titles do but we already use higher-than-native resolution on the standard PS4 version to provide supersampling-based anti-aliasing.

Nobody wants to be moist.

Posted 3 years ago

The 'unsharp' thing may be a question of MURA or lack of contrast. I noticed it too vs some other PSVR stuff (Playroom for example). Depending on the choice the devs made to bathe the words in ambient light rather than 'real' lighting this could give it the sort of washed out look. The original 2D videos did look more punchy and crisp and it wasn't down to resolution, think the PSVR needs over hyped contrast and less ambient lighting to offset the mura ???

Posted 3 years ago

Je souhaite aussi que je viens acquis une PlayStation pro et il est vrai que nous avons beaucoup de flou et cela et des dommages et en pénalisant pour ce jeu, je vais attendre un patch, mais si celui-ci ne vient pas, je pense que vendez

Jeu parce qu'il donne des maux de tête avec cet effet de flou, les autres jeux vr ne me fait pas that.Vite un pro patch ps4 ..

J’espère aussi je viens d’acquérir une PlayStation pro et s’est vrais on a beaucoup de floue et cela et dommage et pénalisant pour ce jeu, je vais attendre un patch mais si celui-ci ne sort pas je pense re vendre le jeu car il donne mal à la tête avec cet effet de flou, les autres jeux vr ne me font pas ça.Vite un patch ps4 pro ..

Please sign in to post.

Sign in to search.

Please sign in to post.

Recent Activity

HOTAS 4 support?

SteavinRice posted 2 months ago

Possible bug

SteavinRice posted 7 months ago

Language Change

niga1309 posted 7 months ago

Probes are too cheap?

sherloc987 posted 9 months ago