Rebellion

Battlezone

weapon unlock

Posted 3 months ago

hiya 

im trying to do one of my last unlock , swap a modulator with a miner , im thinking i need an unequipped modulator and when ill get to the proper star ill have the option to swap it ... anyone got it ? am i on the right track ?

Insomniac

Posted 3 months ago

Hi!

Yeah, that sounds pretty much right. I don't think you need an unequipped modulator, it should remove one from a system if it can. But you have to have some modulators that arn't "locked" (pale green in colour).

Posted 3 months ago

i was told , a few days ago , that yes it was from a " Star " and that yes you need an unequipped modulator and if your not alone , everyone need to have 1 unequipped too ... like the probe that when everyone has a single target lockon you see the option to use missile but if 3/4 has it you still dont see it ... same for the EMP optional " Star "

Insomniac

Posted 3 months ago - edited 3 months ago by Insomniac

Ok, I have done some more digging and you are right, the player must have an unequipped modulator available. It is however, only the "active" player that needs it. The issue is that if you are in multiplayer you do not know who is going to be selected as the active player! I think this is probably a bug, but there is a work around. The event in question is a "repeating" event, meaning that it doesn't disapear if you choose to ignore the miners. So, in this case you could ignore the miners when you first encounter them, move away, unequip modulators, and then move back again. It will cost some time / AI power, but at least you dont need everyone going around without their mods equipped.

The EMP and Lock-on requirments are clearly bugs however, good find!

Please sign in to post.