Rebellion

Battlezone

Eye Strain - 3D does not look correct

Posted 2 years ago

Hello,

Not sure if anyone else has run into this. Immediately on launching Battlezone I noticed that something about the 3D rendering was off. My eyes are strained quite a bit to get the 3D to look correct. The strain is so bad I can't stand to stay in game for more than a few minutes, and when I take off the headset, it takes about a minute for my eyes to adjust back to normal. It seems like each of the images rendered for each eye are too "close" together or too "far" apart (I'm not sure which), almost like my eyes won't be able to resolve the 2 images as one single 3D environment but are able to after struggling. I've tried adjusting the IPD and the lens-to-eye distance on my Vive but that hasn't helped. Sorry if I'm describing this poorly, but I'm not sure how else to. I don't have this issue in any other VR games on the Vive. 

Let me know if you need any more info.

Posted 2 years ago

Same issue here. It helps if I close 1 eye, but it still looks off and make me cross-eyed after a few mins.

Posted 2 years ago

Glad to hear I'm not crazy! I hope the devs can address this. I really want to try this out, but can't in its current state.

Posted 2 years ago

I'm experiencing the same issue, I can see the edge of the render mask and the stereo overlap is off.
It seems like the ingame camera has been offset behind where it should be.

I'm on a i5 3570k,16 gb ram, r9 290x 4gb, use a Vive and am on windows 10 pro for reference.

Posted 2 years ago

After poking around in the game folders a bit, I've found a launcher with extra settings options.

Apparently the 3d overlap issue only exists on the DX12 render path, dropping down to dx11 seems to be a viable workaround for now.

Posted 2 years ago

I think i have the same issue.

In already was changing the video settings, but didn't touch the dx12 render path.

Will try it out this evening!

Posted 2 years ago

After poking around in the game folders a bit, I've found a launcher with extra settings options.

Apparently the 3d overlap issue only exists on the DX12 render path, dropping down to dx11 seems to be a viable workaround for now.

Interesting, I'll have to try that out when I get out of work. Thanks!

Posted 2 years ago

Can confirm, DX12 is broken. If you run the DX11 exe in "steamapps\common\Battlezone\bin" directly, it works fine.

Now that I am actually able to play it, this is freaking cool!

Insomniac

Posted 2 years ago

Hi,

You should move over to the PC Beta forum that was in the email we sent out. This issue any many others are being discussed over there!

Posted 2 years ago

I wasn't able to find a link to the beta forums, so I posted here as it was the closest thing I could find.. In the email I received there was information telling me to go to the beta forums, but no link. There is what appears to be a button saying "Visit the Forum", but it was not clickable and there was no URL associated with it. 

Insomniac

Posted 2 years ago

Hmmm, that is weird. I will pass it on to the support team.

Please sign in to post.