Rebellion

Battlezone

Feedback - Number of players online

Posted 2 years ago

I think that there are more COOP games going on now than ever before. I've noticed quite a number of new players recently (probably due to increased PSVR shipments). However when I encounter a new player they will often remark that they love the game, but then ask why there are so few people playing it. 

I think their assumption on the low number of players is due to the fact that they can only see games that have available slots. In other words, there are likely to be a significant number of games going on that are full or have slots on private (so as to reserve them for friends), yet the new player won't know that. 

The danger is that they will assume the game is not popular and move on rather than wait for an online game to appear (or start one). I was thinking that it might be useful to have a "Total COOP games played in the last 24 hours" (or in the last week) displayed in the server list window. This would demonstrate the health of the game to transient players and might encourage them to stick around.

Thoughts?

Posted 2 years ago

I'd be down with some activity stats... but how about simply showing the full servers in the list too, either greyed out, or with a "FULL" for number of players, or both... that way people looking in the server list know there's active games going on and don't just think it's a graveyard.  It'd also let me know if any of my friends are hosting and I should tell them to hold me a slot if one opens up.

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Judge_Moist

We're having a chat about this internally. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to get the data we'd need as things stand. It's a valid point though - there might be hundreds of games running but no games with open slots and it would be a shame if that drove people away.

Nobody wants to be moist.

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

We're having a chat about this internally. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to get the data we need as things stand. It's a valid point though - there might be hundreds of games running but no games with open slots and it would be a shame if that drove people away.

Nobody wants to be moist.

Posted 2 years ago

I agree with Dingofuzz & Tgrey1. Show the numbers.  - I totally love the BattleZone but can't understand why I constantly find the same players online every day. I should be finding new names online each day rather than bumping into the same old buddies all the time. How many games are actually going on at one time? Not many I don't think. 

Please sign in to post.