Rebellion

Battlezone

Ps4 pro question

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Calypsi

So i switched to a ps4 pro from a launch ps4 and had it copy all data over.  Does the game know its on a pro and run the higher end graphics or do i need to reinstall it on the pro to get the benefit.  There seems to be a bit of shimmer in the farther off buildings and i am guessing thats just part of the current technology but want to make sure i am getting the most out of the pro.  

Posted 2 years ago

So i switched to a ps4 pro from a launch ps4 and had it copy all data over.  Does the game know its on a pro and run the higher end graphics or do i need to reinstall it on the pro to get the benefit.  There seems to be a lit of shimmer in the farther off buildings and i am guessing thats just part of the current technology but want to make sure i am getting the most out of the pro.  

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Judge_Moist

As of the 1.02 patch, the game should automatically detect that it's running on the Pro and enable higher-resolution super-sampling, improved dynamic lighting in the cockpit and higher-resolution screenspace reflections. 

Of those three, the dynamic lighting in the cockpit is the most obvious - sitting near explosions and other light sources should light up the cockpit in a more realistic manner than the 'standard' version of the game. 

The increased super-sampling resolution helps to reduce shimmer by increasing the amount of anti-aliasing - you should find the cockpit text is easier to read on the pro, for example. Ultimately the final display resolution is limited by the headset hardware so it's not going to be as obvious as, say, going from 1080p to 4k on a standard "2D" game.

Higher-resolution reflections means there's less 'popping' of elements in the reflective surfaces in the game (like the shiny floor areas in some levels - glowing lights reflected in these can often flicker or pop with the lower resolution).

Nobody wants to be moist.

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

As of the 1.02 patch, the game should automatically detect that it's running on the Pro and enable higher-resolution super-sampling, improved dynamic lighting in the cockpit and higher-resolution screenspace reflections. 

Of those three, the dynamic lighting in the cockpit is the most obvious - standing near explosions and other light sources should light up the cockpit in a more realistic manner than the 'standard' version of the game. 

The increased super-sampling resolution helps to reduce shimmer by increasing the amount of anti-aliasing - you should find the cockpit text is easier to read on the pro, for example. Ultimately the final display resolution is limited by the headset hardware so it's not going to be as obvious as, say, going from 1080p to 4k on a standard "2D" game.

Higher-resolution reflections means there's less 'popping' of elements in the reflective surfaces in the game (like the shiny floor areas in some levels - glowing lights reflected in these can often flicker or pop with the lower resolution).

Nobody wants to be moist.

Please sign in to post.

Sign in to search.

Please sign in to post.