Posted 3 years ago
First off, love the gameplay, visuals, sound and pace of the in-mission combat overall. Unfortunately, Battlezone is way too hard and a few minor tweaks (easy for me to say) would go a long way to making this an A+ title. Please take these into consideration because numerous people I know will not purchase or play this game with me because it's nightmarishly hard and unnecessarily unforgiving.
1. Please consider adding checkpoints to each mission. If I die, I have an option of restarting at a checkpoint or using a life to start right at that point. I know that's probably a lot to ask but it sure beats quitting out to the menu every time I die because I'm terrified of losing my progress!
2. Please allow teammates to revive you as long as they're alive, either with zero penalty or at the cost of data.
3. How about making Easy actually easy? How about unlimited lives in Easy mode? That's easy! I haven't even met anyone online yet who has beaten the game even once on any difficulty!? Don't you want people to experience all this great content you created?
4. Please add a separate experience bar that is persistent for the player, which allows me to select skill points at the beginning of a campaign each time. This bar would grow slowly but if I lose at a campaign 2 or 3 times, I may still gain enough experience to start the next campaign with 1 or 2 skill points to socket in.
5. Please allow our tanks to persistently upgrade so I can rank them up and actually feel some progression? The game is huge and would still take a long time to complete. How about make it fun and give completionists something to do?
I know reading through this will make most of Rebellion say, "oh but, that's not what we were trying to do here." but take a peek at PSN Profiles and see that 484 members have your game and 0% have the platinum and even worse, 0% have even completed a long campaign on easy. Please make this more approachable so I can enjoy all the content you painstakingly put together here.