Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Stinja
A few thoughts on quality of life changes, and other suggestions i'd like to see:
- reorder weapon list: Between missions let us change the weapon selection order. Could be done on the L1(?) screen-box which pops out, letting us move items up/down.
- Default Blaster: Allow us to add/remove the default Blaster weapon to the weapon selection list, instead of having to hold the Square button. Could just be a toggle in the controller options menu, or add/remove to the reorder list above. Just when soloing i'm using this a lot, and personally id rather just cycle to it.
- shield numbers: Display a numeric value for shields. Just on the side panels, where the health is displayed.
- tank stats: Maybe at the tank select screen, a few more stats like speed, boost speed, health, base shield strength, max upgraded shield strength, shield regen rates, etc
- critical damage warnings: yes, yes flashing red lights good. But after X seconds can you please turn off the sirens, and unblock the Tag screen.
- Tower spawn delay: currently a game-state can change, spawning towers, which then open fire with minuscule warning. If you're a light tank this can mean an unavoidable death if a tower spawns behind you. A delay between the radar indicating their appearance -> tower emerging -> and then a delay powering up to fire would be much appreciated.
Slightly less QoL and may require a bit more coding:
- Screen reset: As discussed in other threads, holding the Options button should reset the VR screen to wherever you're facing, even if it's 45 degrees to the camera / looking at your feet or the ceiling, not to some default facing values.
- other player's pip allocations: It would be useful to see how other players have allocation their upgrade pips, so some sort of submenu off the L2(?) screen.
- blue-on-blue warning "friendly target hit" for shooter: So they know they're damaging friendlies...
- waypoints: Player placed waypoint marker(s), the circle button appears unassigned so could use that.
EDIT: added more thoughts...