Rebellion

Battlezone

QoL suggestions and enhancements

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Stinja

A few thoughts on quality of life changes, and other suggestions i'd like to see:

- reorder weapon list:  Between missions let us change the weapon selection order.  Could be done on the L1(?) screen-box which pops out, letting us move items up/down.

- Default Blaster:  Allow us to add/remove the default Blaster weapon to the weapon selection list, instead of having to hold the Square button.  Could just be a toggle in the controller options menu, or add/remove to the reorder list above.  Just when soloing i'm using this a lot, and personally id rather just cycle to it.

- shield numbers:  Display a numeric value for shields.  Just on the side panels, where the health is displayed.

- tank stats:  Maybe at the tank select screen, a few more stats like speed, boost speed, health, base shield strength, max upgraded shield strength, shield regen rates, etc

- critical damage warnings:  yes, yes flashing red lights good.  But after X seconds can you please turn off the sirens, and unblock the Tag screen.

- Tower spawn delay:  currently a game-state can change, spawning towers, which then open fire with minuscule warning.  If you're a light tank this can mean an unavoidable death if a tower spawns behind you.  A delay between the radar indicating their appearance -> tower emerging -> and then a delay powering up to fire would be much appreciated.

Slightly less QoL and may require a bit more coding:

- Screen reset:  As discussed in other threads, holding the Options button should reset the VR screen to wherever you're facing, even if it's 45 degrees to the camera / looking at your feet or the ceiling, not to some default facing values.

- other player's pip allocations:  It would be useful to see how other players have allocation their upgrade pips, so some sort of submenu off the L2(?) screen. 

- blue-on-blue warning "friendly target hit" for shooter:  So they know they're damaging friendlies...

- waypoints:  Player placed waypoint marker(s), the circle button appears unassigned so could use that.

EDIT:  added more thoughts...

Posted 2 years ago

A few thoughts on quality of life changes, and other suggestions i'd like to see:

- reorder weapon list:  Between missions let us change the weapon selection order.  Could be done on the L1(?) screen-box which pops out, letting us move items up/down.

- shield numbers:  Display a numeric value for shields.  Just on the side panels, where the health is displayed.

- tank stats:  Maybe at the tank select screen, a few more stats like speed, boost speed, health, base shield strength, max upgraded shield strength, shield regen rates, etc

- critical damage warnings:  yes, yes flashing red lights good.  But after X seconds can you please turn off the sirens, and unblock the Tag screen.

- Screen reset:  As discussed in other threads, holding the Options button should reset the VR screen to wherever you're facing, even if it's 45 degrees to the camera / looking at your feet or the ceiling, not to some default facing values.

- other player's pip allocations:  It would be useful to see how other players have allocation their upgrade pips, so some sort of submenu off the L2(?) screen. 

- blue-on-blue warning "friendly target hit" for shooter:  So they know they're damaging friendlies...

- waypoints:  Player placed waypoint marker(s), the circle button appears unassigned so could use that.

- Default Blaster:  Allow us to add/remove the default Blaster weapon to the weapon selection list, instead of having to Hold the square button.  Could just be a toggle in the main menu, or add/remove to the reorder list above.  Just when soloing i'm using this a lot, and personally id rather just cycle to it.

- Default Blaster:  Allow us to add/remove the default Blaster weapon to the weapon selection list, instead of having to hold the Square button.  Could just be a toggle in the controller options menu, or add/remove to the reorder list above.  Just when soloing i'm using this a lot, and personally id rather just cycle to it.

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

Thank you for the feedback!

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

Indeed, all useful feedback. Interestingly, we've already discussed some of these internally (like the weapon list re-ordering). I'll make sure the design team see these and see what we can work into a future update. 

Nobody wants to be moist.

So a few more...  feel free to tell me to shut up...

- Weapon unlocking:  i'm not sure if this is a bug or working as intended.

Ignore the middle bit, the start of the video at about 6 seconds, the lady says "No new weapon blueprints available", then skip to 2:36 onwards where it shows i've only unlocked 94% and have weapons locked still:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxw6F--wqls

I'v heard this multiple times now, so how is it meant to work?  Is the RNG rolling say Cannons, where i have every one unlocked (or Special items which are all unlocked now), and so that is why there are "no new weapons".  If so it may get frustrating trying to unlock the very last weapon if it keeps rolling other categories.  

I'd highly suggest as a QoL change it ensures you always unlock something, until you literally have 100% unlocked.

- "Life Get" trophy

For us sad no-lifers looking at the platinum, it would be great to be able to track our Data to see how close you are.  If one is earning maybe 70K per mission you're looking at 150 full games... and seeing some sort of progress towards the 10,000,000 might be motivating.  

- Retain players for new game

So you have a good team, but you wipe: it would be nice for the host to start a new game with the existing lobby of players.  At the moment it always seems to boot and close the lobby.  Maybe a vote screen too, so each person can show their preference for the difficulty and length of the next game.

- d-pad highlight yourself

A feature where if you "vote" yourself it highlights your position.  Obviously most useful if someone goes down, and in the carnage they can press d-pad on themselves, which would ping and highlight them.  May need a delay so people can't spam it, or only enabled if on the death-timer.

Posted 2 years ago

So a few more...  feel free to tell me to shut up...

- Weapon unlocking:  i'm not sure if this is a bug or working as intended.

Ignore the middle bit, the start of the video at about 6 seconds, the lady says "No new weapon blueprints available", then skip to 2:36 onwards where it shows i've only unlocked 94% and have weapons locked still:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxw6F--wqls

I'v heard this multiple times now, so how is it meant to work?  Is the RNG rolling say Cannons, where i have every one unlocked, and so that is why there are "no new weapons".  If so it may get frustrating trying to unlock the very last weapon if it keeps rolling other categories.  

I'd highly suggest as a QoL change it ensures you always unlock something, until you literally have 100% unlocked.

- "Life Get" trophy

For us sad no-lifers looking at the platinum, it would be great to be able to track our Data to see how close you are.  If one is earning maybe 70K per mission you're looking at 150 full games... and seeing some sort of progress towards the 10,000,000 might be motivating.  

- Retain players for new game

So you have a good team, but you wipe: it would be nice for the host to start a new game with the existing lobby of players.  At the moment it always seems to boot and close the lobby.  Maybe a vote screen too, so each person can show their preference for the difficulty and length of the next game.

- d-pad highlight yourself

A feature where if you "vote" yourself it highlights your position.  Obviously most useful if someone goes down, and in the carnage they can press d-pad on themselves, which would ping and highlight them.  May need a delay so people can't spam it, or only enabled if on the death-timer.

Please sign in to post.