Rebellion

Battlezone

PSVR tracking issues

Posted 2 years ago

I have a vague recollection that the BattleZone demo on the PSVR demo disk *did* have the hold-option-to-reset-view feature? So does e.g. Driveclub VR (even though it doesn't seem to work perfectly all the time). So I suspect that your explanation of rather forcing users to face in the wrong direction than allowing the off-chance possibility that someone would do that deliberately, isn't the real cause at all. The real cause is that you want to allocate your programming resources somewhere else.

However, the problem is real. I just bought the Battlezone VR after an impressive demo on the demo disc - only to be disappointed by the drifting (or misaligned at the end of the level - for me the cause is irrelevant) view with no possibility to reset it. Come on - I'm sure you can do better than that!

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

The 'hold options to reset' in the demo functions in the same way that it does in the final game. The game will recentre positional tracking (try standing up and resetting it, for example) when you press-and-hold options at any point.

Rest assured, this isn't a resource issue. We're working closely with Sony on the problem and following all their advice and guidelines as best we can.

Nobody wants to be moist.

Posted 2 years ago

There's another issue with tracking nobody has mentioned, but it's more of a software thing.  In multiplayer, when you are looking left and choose a player (triangle button), you have to then move your head even further left because the dialogue screen is presented as if your current view is centered when it's not.  So now you are looking far left to see the information which is quite uncomfortable.  I think is more of a PSVR issue than BZ, but it's annoying to have pop up screens not centered properly.  But, if the BZ devs can do something to fix or work around this, it would be great!  

Rob

Posted 2 years ago

I should clarify that it's only when you look at the left teammate screen and try to add someone as a friend from there that the screen no longer tracks with your head movement.  

Rob

Please sign in to post.

Sign in to search.

Please sign in to post.

Recent Activity

HOTAS 4 support?

SteavinRice posted 1 month ago

Possible bug

SteavinRice posted 6 months ago

Language Change

niga1309 posted 6 months ago

Probes are too cheap?