Rebellion

Battlezone

PSVR tracking issues

Posted 2 years ago

Tonight i actually managed to go through a medium map with out any issues.

The only thing I did different to normal was hold the  controller lower so it wasn't in view when I looked down I.e. it didn't appear in the game screen. 

An entire medium map and no stiff neck ????

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. We're still in discussion with Sony regarding this issue - we'll let you know if we have any further information we can share as soon as we get it. From what we understand, this issue affects numerous games and isn't specific to Battlezone.

Nobody wants to be moist.

Posted 2 years ago

Thanks Judge ????

I should have said I was talking about soloing when I mentioned health.

Posted 2 years ago

still no news on this? im close to returning the whole unit. that issue completly kills the expierence

Posted 2 years ago

Hi Jane

As you can see from my first post really suffer from this as well, normally I sit with the controller held chest high so when in game I look down and see the controller.  When the drift starts  I hold the controller lower so it's 'leg level '  it doesn't appear if I look down and the drift stops. I've  managed to complete a medium map doing this.  Play normally with the controller  held lower down not play normally looking down !

Give it a go and see if it works  for you. Worst that can happen is it doesn't and you take a great game back.

Hope it works

Vengeance  

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Jane

Hi Jane

As you can see from my first post really suffer from this as well, normally I sit with the controller held chest high so when in game I look down and see the controller.  When the drift starts  I hold the controller lower so it's 'leg level '  it doesn't appear if I look down and the drift stops. I've  managed to complete a medium map doing this.  Play normally with the controller  held lower down not play normally looking down !

Give it a go and see if it works  for you. Worst that can happen is it doesn't and you take a great game back.

Hope it works

Vengeance  

well I just send my unit in for repair/replacment. I read some posts on reddit and Playstation Support Forums about people who got drifts and got a replacement that fixed the drift. So it might be an hardware issue.

Scince sony (already 4 weeks after release) still hadnt said anything about this (software/hardware etc). i dont care anymore and just send it in. Hopefully will get a working unit back soon.

Posted 2 years ago

Hi Jane

Hope it works

Vengeance  

well I just send my unit in for repair/replacment. I read some posts on reddit and Playstation Support Forums about people who got drifts and got a replacement that fixed the drift. So it might be an hardware issue.

Scince sone (already 4 weeks after release) still hadnt said anything about this (software/hardware etc). i dont care anymore and just send it in. Hopefully will get a working unit back soon.

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

Scince sony (already 4 weeks after release) still hadnt said anything about this (software/hardware etc). i dont care anymore and just send it in. Hopefully will get a working unit back soon.

We still haven't heard anything from Sony on the issue either, I'm afraid. Would love to hear if your replacement unit does fix the issue.

Posted 2 years ago

Received my new PSVR just yesterday and fired up Battlezone VR.....Oh dear.....why am I now sat backwards on the sofa after just 4 stages? That was £50 wasted. Think its time to hit the forums and spread the word as there's nowt coming out from Rebellion. And I don't buy the "its a fault with the PSVR hardware" rubbish, other games don't do the drift-thing as bad as this tittle. The only work around is to quit the game then start it again. Not something you expect after lobbing £50 in its direction... Makes you wonder how much QA went into it before release, not a lot by the looks of it.

Posted 2 years ago

We still haven't heard anything from Sony on the issue either, I'm afraid. Would love to hear if your replacement unit does fix the issue.

yeah i will report back as soon as i get it back

Posted 2 years ago

I do have an of issue with the view centre position, but it's not drift exactly.

When it happens, it seems to relate to where I'm looking when I die or when a mission ends. I can find myself staring off to the left or right depending on what was going on at the time. It happens all at once, rather than being a gradual shift.

I sit pretty much exactly 6ft from the camera and don't tend to notice much instability in the view when sitting still. There's very minor back/forth movement noticeable only in the aliasing of straight lines, so I think the camera is tracking OK.

On an unrelated note, I also only just realised that the green bars around the map are probably shield strength indicators. I've been looking for those for a while...

Posted 2 years ago

I do have an of issue with the view centre position, but it's not drift exactly.

When it happens, it seems to relate to where I'm looking when I die or when a mission ends. I can find myself staring off to the left or right depending on what was going on at the time. It happens all at once, rather than being a gradual shift.

I sit pretty much exactly 6ft from the camera and don't tend to notice much instability in the view when sitting still. There's very minor back/forth movement noticeable only in the aliasing of straight lines, so I think the camera is tracking OK.

On an unrelated note, I also only just realised that the green bars around the map are probably shield strength indicators. I've been looking for those for a while...

I've experienced the same thing, with the game (re)setting the center to where I look. Not sure either when exactly this occurs - or if it always happens or not - but I also believe end-of-mission somewhere.

I thought this was their fix to stop drifting, by resetting it in between missions, but perhaps not?

Yes, the green bars around the radar represent your shield (try boosting and watch them drop).

You can also see your shield and health on the consoles in the left and right of your cockpit.

Each team members health is on the left front of your cockpit if you play online:

You might also like:

Building a virtual cockpit in Battlezone on PS VR

Posted 2 years ago

to fix drifting just turn off the psvr headset then back on.   i used to get it all the time until i sat close to the camera. 

it's a sony issue

Posted 2 years ago

Thanks NVranya. I'd not seen that blog post before, very interesting!

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

Interesting. I've asked our QA to see if they can reproduce this at all. It would very useful if you could capture this in a video for us. 

Please sign in to post.

Sign in to search.

Please sign in to post.

Recent Activity

HOTAS 4 support?

SteavinRice posted 1 month ago

Possible bug

SteavinRice posted 6 months ago

Language Change

niga1309 posted 6 months ago

Probes are too cheap?