Rebellion

Battlezone

PSVR tracking issues

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Sharpfish

FTR I get this too. Sometimes it's OK other times it goes haywire and is offset and my only solution is to turn in my seat. "left drift" is something happening on a few PSVR titles though.

my setup sounds similar to the guy above (6 feet away - sofa - camera on top of TV 51" on med height stand - BACKLIGHTING behind TV no lights on in room). My leather sofa was reflecting the back of the HMD lights though so I put a dark material over it (non reflective) am also backed up against a light greyish coloured wall but it's hardly reflective. No windows uncurtained, no mirrors in the room.

Question - do the devs use the camera with the left lens at centre (rather than the whole camera?) as many of us didn't pick up on that at first, since moving it so my left cam lens is dead centre tracking has appeared to be better, but it could be placebo?

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Stinja

+1 i also get "left drift".

Your body, head and Battlezone screen start aligned in one direction, and over time the screen moves to the left.  Meaning your head and Battlezone screen-centre now face a different direction to your body.

Other games Options-reset realign everything back to the start, Battlezone does not.

While the drift may ultimately be a fault on the hardware / API side, Battlezone's reset option does not function as expected.

Posted 2 years ago

+1 i also get "left drift".

Your body, head and Battlezone screen start aligned in one direction, and over time the screen moves to the left.  Meaning you head and Battlezone screen-centre now face a different direction to your body.

Other games Options-reset realign everything back to the start, Battlezone does not.

While the drift may ultimately be a fault on the hardware / API side, Battlezone's reset option does not function as expected.

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

Thank you for all the feedback - it's all useful as it helps us to narrow down the cause of any issues there might be. As you can imagine, we're watching this particular issue very carefully and will be working with Sony to fix any problems in Battlezone, including the orientation reset.

Nobody wants to be moist.

Posted 2 years ago

Wanted to pop in here to say I have this issue as well. Some games such as EVE: Valkyrie and Headmaster re-center perfectly when holdiing the options button. Battlezone (along with RIGS) does not. It 're-centers' to what  I'm guessing it thinks is center. Re-centering should place the center of the tank to exactly the center of wherever I'm looking. If I turn around 180 and hold Options, my tank's front view should match where I'm looking. 

Posted 2 years ago

Thanks for the info. 

This appears to be a known issue with the PSVR that Sony are looking into. It is unclear whether it is a software or hardware problem at the moment.

I'll be looking out for news on this.

Can I assume you are talking about the drift?

Because the re-centering issue is completely different. It's not a Sony issue as other games like EVE: Valkyrie and Headmaster re-center perfectly no matter where I'm looking. If I want to sit facing sideways, holding Options should move the front view to where I'm looking.

Posted 2 years ago

This is my favorite PSVR game.   I also have this centering problem (not the normal drift problem which is a sony hardware/software issue.  Holding down the option button does not center the view like the poster mentioned above.  It only seems to center the depth.  Other games recenter properly when holding down the option button.  I hope rebellion is able to fix this because everything else about the game is fantastic.

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

Can I assume you are talking about the drift?

Yep, the drift is a separate issue that we believe is beyond our control. We're investigating our options regarding the orientation recalibration. Ironically, I'd been checking what other titles do the other day and picked up Rigs, assuming that was a good one to compare ourselves to! If we can get something like this into a future patch, we will. That should at least alleviate the drift problems somewhat.

Posted 2 years ago

+1 on the EVE: Valkyrie software correctly recalibrates to centre 100% and on-demand.  I have found that a couple of demo titles also suffer from the skew / no-reset on the options button.  This seems to rule out a user specific environment causal fault, and points to a software issue.  It is not exclusive to Battlezone.  

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

Thanks, I'll check out Valkyrie. I had a quick go on Thumper and Drive Club VR on the demo disk and their behaviour matched ours. Nevertheless, if we can improve things from our end, we'll include it in a future patch.

Posted 2 years ago

I had a quick go on Thumper and Drive Club VR on the demo disk and their behaviour matched ours. 

Easiest method to demonstrate this is use the XMB (main Playstation 4 interface):

- start PS4 and PSVR, look straight ahead

- observe the "screen" is in front of you

- look to the right, until the hovering white controller icon appears with the arrow pointing at the options button

- hold the options button

- observe that the "screen" is now aligned to this new right direction

- now look to the left, until the whit DS4 icon appears again

- press and hold options, note it recanters again

This is the kind of screen reset people would like in Battlezone, as when you have "drift" the screen keep moving and Battlezone's "screen" doesn't not realign where you want it to.

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

Yes, curious that the demo disk should do this but many of the demos don't. Nevertheless, we're going to try to get something into a future patch to mimic this behaviour.

Posted 2 years ago

I have this problem too. Not just in Battlezone, but quite a few games. I'm pretty sure Rigs has the same problem(I need to double check though really.)

They only reset the depth and vertical position. Really hoping for a patch to fix this.

Posted 2 years ago

Hello,

Unfortunaly i got the same problems and it happens on almost all games, Changing my Setup or lightning situation doesnt help either. So its most likely an hardware or software issue.

Is sony already looking into this? Because it shouldnt take to long to at least verify if its hardware or software. Many ppl are already demand an refund because of the problem.

Posted 2 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for breathing new life into a classic game and as many people have said in this topic you delivered a great game. The only drawback is you need to be able  the girl from the film exorcist to be play it. Exaggeration - yes but not by much, tonight I went from being centred to having to rotate over 90 degrees in a matter of minutes.

It always seems to start the same way with image of the ps4 controller shuddering (do we need the image of the controller in game) followed by the in game image doing the same. Tonight was the first time it's been bad enough to make me feel sick. 

Until today I can normally complete 3 or 4 tiles before I have to restart the game so the image is centred in relation to me, today it got to the point where I  couldn't do 1without restarting which drove me sign-up for the forums so I could share with you all. 

Hope you can find a fix very quickly as the game is literally becoming a pain in the neck.

No issues with my setup, valkyerie works perfectly and there is a lot more head movement going on in that game.

Thanks

Vengeance

Please sign in to post.

Sign in to search.

Please sign in to post.