Rebellion

Battlezone

PSVR tracking issues

Posted 2 years ago

Just started playing Battlezone on PSVR and it has been tons of fun. The issue I'm having is that each time I play a map, the camera shifts its center point a little more to the side by the end of each map. So by the time I start the next map I have to turn around a bit. And by map 3 I'm turning 90 degrees to one side. Holding the Options button on the controller doesn't seem to reset the camera angle either.  Anyone have any tips on how to solve this?

Posted 2 years ago

I second this report.  Options button brings up menu in Battle Zone, not recabration.

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

Hey guys, 

Please take a look at this post.

http://forum.rebellion.co.uk/battlezone/thread/1066

Regarding the options button. You need to hold it down a couple of it seconds for it to re calibrate to your position.

Posted 2 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply, that is appreciated.  I am familiar with the tips, but thanks for the summary, and didn't post before testing options and searching around.  Holding down the options button to recenter was the first effort to correct, and it has been held down without any effect.  The Battlezone in-tank menu system activates with pushing it, and even holding on beyond that does not result in the re-calibration that is associated with PSVR games.  I hope that there is another suggestion to rectify this, as the game becomes unplayable  constantly having to skew to the right, an increasing advance that eventually puts you facing backwards on the couch.  Of note, if you exit to the Sony PS4 menu button, the re-calibration on the options button immediately works, but if you go back to Battlezone, the view in the tank is still skewed.  

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

If you stand up/move away/closer to the camera, and then press-and-hold options, does the view position shift? It should 're-centre' back onto the chair in the default position?

Nobody wants to be moist.

Bees

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

Hi Lekke,

We are looking into this issue.

Are you experiencing this with any other games/demos? Can you try moving closer to your camera and try the Options button again please? Also please double-check your play environment for any lights or shiny/reflective surfaces.

Insomniac

Posted 2 years ago

The recalibration in Battlezone only resets the position and not the orientation. I have found the best fix for tracking weirdness is to turn the headset off and on again using the little remote on the headset wire. It only takes a few seconds.

Posted 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. holding the options button closer to the system or camera doesn't seem to help. In fact I can't find any button that will reset the camera view. And this is strange, since it works just fine in other games. There are also no bright lights or shiny/reflective surfaces in the area. Will try switching off and on the headset, but we definitely need an easier way to do this. 

Posted 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback and effort to help fix this.  Strangely, this does not correct the orientation either.  There is a slight adjustment when the options button is held, but it is incremental, and essentially the same skew as before pressing.

Posted 2 years ago

I do appreciate your efforts in fixing this, and it is frustrating (and nauseating) to have this issue, making the game unplayable for me.  I am only playing it now to experiment when suggestions are made.  Interestingly, I did find that the same thing was happening with the Driveclub VR demo on the disc, but other final versions of retail games, no.  For example:  EVE Valkyrie works perfectly fine, as does the Playstation environment (i.e. when the PS button is pressed to take you out of running software).  Everything else can be calibrated to adjust with the press of the options button, which leads me to believe that it is not my hardware or set up.  I have gone through all of the technical set ups of the camera, VR headset, etc. in order to rule anything out.  I have also turned off the television when playing to see if it is providing too much light, and there are no surfaces in front of the camera to cause reflection, etc.  To give you an environment understanding, I have a couch positioned about 6 feet away from the monitor (75" Samsung), and have tried both mounting the camera over the television at standing eye level, and below it, pointed slightly upward to adjust for seated position.  Each time recalibrate to capture the face in each position accurately.  I have HUE lighting behind the television, and nothing near me, nor reflective surfaces.  Again, if this is working with other games, and it seems specific to two titles:  Battlezone, and the demo of Driveclub VR, it would appear that this is a software matter.  Thanks for your continued help, I really want to be able to play this great game of yours.

Bees

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Bees

Thanks for the info. 

This appears to be a known issue with the PSVR that Sony are looking into. It is unclear whether it is a software or hardware problem at the moment.

I'll be looking out for news on this.

Bees

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

Thanks for the info. 

This appears to be a known issue with the PSVR that Sony are looking into. It is unclear whether it is a software or hardware problem at the moment

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Sharpfish

FTR I get this too. Sometimes it's OK other times it goes haywire and is offset and my only solution is to turn in my seat. "left drift" is something happening on a few PSVR titles though.

my setup sounds similar to the guy above (6 feet away - sofa - camera on top of TV 51" on med height stand - BACKLIGHTING behind TV no lights on in room). My leather sofa was reflecting the back of the HMD lights though so I put a dark material over it (non reflective) am also backed up against a light greyish coloured wall but it's hardly reflective. No windows uncurtained, no mirrors in the room.

Question - do the devs use the camera with the left lens at centre (rather than the whole camera?) as many of us didn't pick up on that at first, since moving it so my left cam lens is dead centre tracking has appeared to be better, but it could be placebo? (the setup instructions show the camera offset in the diagram with left lens as the only one that tracks VR?) Can the devs confirm this please?

Posted 2 years ago

FTR I get this too. Sometimes it's OK other times it goes haywire and is offset and my only solution is to turn in my seat. "left drive" is something happening on a few PSVR titles though.

Question - do the devs use the camera with the left lens at centre (rather than the whole camera?) as many of us didn't pick up on that at first, since moving it so my left cam lens is dead centre tracking has appeared to be better, but it could be placebo?

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Sharpfish

FTR I get this too. Sometimes it's OK other times it goes haywire and is offset and my only solution is to turn in my seat. "left drift" is something happening on a few PSVR titles though.

Question - do the devs use the camera with the left lens at centre (rather than the whole camera?) as many of us didn't pick up on that at first, since moving it so my left cam lens is dead centre tracking has appeared to be better, but it could be placebo?

Please sign in to post.

Sign in to search.

Please sign in to post.