Rebellion

Battlezone

Battlezone Difficulty

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by BobbytheB

Okay, I've been really struggling with the difficulty of Battlezone, to the point where it's not even fun anymore.  My friend and I are well seasoned gamers and we work as a team on every game we play.  Difficulty has rarely been an issue for us.  Yet, we are flabbergasted at just how hard Battlezone is.  Even on Easy we can't even manage to get pass the fourth level in a campaign.  No matter what we try, the enemies just keep coming, chipping away at our health despite our best efforts to stay by one another and heal each other.  We've tried so many different strategies and nothing works.  I've read all the tips and strategies on this forum, and even with those tips it's still not enough for us to get passed the 4th level.  Is anyone else struggling with the difficulty of the game?  Are the devs aware of it and actively working to address it?  I'm ready to just give up and get rid of the game.  It's hard to enjoy a game with a campaign that wipes itself, kicks everyone out of the lobby, and forces you to start from square one all too often on the easiest difficulty.  

Posted 2 years ago

Okay, I've been really struggling with the difficulty of Battlezone, to the point where it's not even fun anymore.  My friend and I are well seasoned gamers and we work as a team on every game we play.  Difficulty has rarely been an issue for us.  Yet, we are flabbergasted at just how hard Battlezone is.  Even on Easy we can't even manage to get pass the fourth level in a campaign.  No matter what we try, the enemies just keep coming, chipping away at our health despite our best efforts to stay by one another and heal each other.  We've tried so many different strategies and nothing works.  Is anyone else struggling with the difficulty of the game?  Are the devs aware of it and actively working to address it?  I'm ready to just give up and get rid of the game.  It's hard to enjoy a game with a campaign that wipes itself, kicks everyone out of the lobby, and forces you to start from square one all too often on the easiest difficulty.  

Posted 2 years ago

i think the life system is all to blame, i think it should be gotten rid of completely or you have a certain number of lives per mission if you use them all and everyone dies you get taken back to campaign map and only keep what data you picked up. you really should get todo the final boss as many times as you want, it kinda makes me not want to play anymore knowing i will NEVER get that mine clearer tank. 1,000 data for 1 extra life??? come on seriously?? and each 1 costs more??? please! make this game more replayable. 

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Beldeth

Hey guys,

Thank you for the feedback. Rest assured we are keeping an eye on the difficulty level concerns. I will pass this on to the dev team.

Some extra tips to help you progress.

1. Have a player that upgrades their heal.

2. Use your cover and time it for when the tanks are firing (its easy to see when you get used to it).

3. Dont rush (Unless its a timed mission).

Me and some other team members just completed the campaign on normal. We struggled towards the end but we got there!

We plan to do some open servers with Rebellion staff members soon. Lets see how we all do. Keep an eye on the Battlezone Game Hub!

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

Hey guys,

Thank you for the feedback. Rest assured we are keeping an eye on the difficulty level concerns. I will pass this on to the dev team.

Posted 2 years ago

i will say its hard to use cover, the other day i had 2 heavy tanks rushing me on a shield generator mission playing solo and it took me like 5 minutes because they could 1 shot my lvl 3 front shields. It's harder to play with people online because people come in run off, die, then use a life and because they just joined they don't feel the same loss as the person who's been playing for awhile and a lot of people don't wait for the revive. If the party loses they just leave and join another, the whole campaign progress should not be wiped. Battlezone feels more punishing than don't starve together. 

Insomniac

Posted 2 years ago

If you are stuggling with random mid-game joins coming in and wasting your hard earned lives, you could try making the slots private once the initial players have joined in. You could then safely re-open them when back on the map screen (or invite players you know to be ok) if you did want some more players to join in.

Posted 2 years ago

After another night of playing I have some updated thoughts on the difficulty of the game.  My buddy and I finally managed to find a couple other competent players and that made for a much better experience.  Lives weren't wasted recklessly, and everyone was communicating and working together.  We managed to make it about half way through a small campaign before losing.  The difficulty is grueling, but at least I've finally had a fun experience with the game.   

But finding a full party of random online players who are all going to be competent and work together is too rare to make the difficulty on Easy tolerable. I think the "permadeath" in the campaign that pretty much wipes the whole campaign when you run out of lives is especially harsh on the lower difficulties.  I can see it being implemented in the hard difficulty, but there's really no need to brutally punish people for losing on the easier difficulties.  I want to really explore all the customization options for my tank.  It's kind of hard to do that when you're spending all your points on lives and losing all your progress when you run out of lives.  If we run out of lives why not just bring us back to the map menu, let us keep the points we earned on the mission so we can rearm ourselves, stock up on lives and try again?  

I really want to love this game, all the right components are there, the VR is stellar, and the game runs very smoothly.  Address this difficulty situation, take out the "permadeath" at least on the lower difficulties and this game could very well be the PSVR's flagship VR game for a long time!

Posted 2 years ago

I want to love this game but it's hard to recommend to friends to join the fray with me due to the difficulty. Please make it slightly easier to enjoy.

Posted 2 years ago

i think the problem i have with the difficulty is i REALLY want my own custom tank. Not just 1 of the starter 1's but like a tank were all the weapons i like (Not saying a overpowered tank) but 1 with mk1 gear and a tank size of my choosing, and when everything gets perma wiped i feel like i have achieved nothing.

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by slobster

So I finally finished the campaign with 3 randoms Normal difficulty and short length. Basically we all invested heavily in heals, two of us maxed it and the other two went at least 4 points. We did not use a single life the entire campaign. I unlocked the Aggro tank... 

What I do think is unbalanced is the Base defense missions, most hosts skip them. I don't think I've successfully completed one of those missions.

Oh and I did record most of it.... 

Battlezone® PSVR Volcano complete normal

Posted 2 years ago

So I finally finished the campaign with 3 randoms Normal difficulty and short length. Basically we all invested heavily in heals, two of us maxed it and the other two went at least 4 points. We did not use a single life the entire campaign. I unlocked the Aggro tank... 

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by slobster

What I do think is unbalanced is the Base defense missions, most hosts skip them. I don't think I've successfully completed one of those missions.

Posted 2 years ago

Has anyone beat a campaign solo? It seems impossible to me.

Posted 2 years ago

I don't know, everyone huddling together to stay alive isn't my idea of fun (and that's just for normal....) It would be nice to have a dedicated healer, dedicated support(ammo supply guy) and like two people focused on powerful weapons. 

Please sign in to post.