The community has supported Battlezone 2 with mod content for nearly 20 years and we love seeing the creativity and ingenuity of the mods you’re creating. To celebrate we’re announcing a month long Steam Workshop modding competition with some awesome prizes! A big “thank you” to the wonderful folks at AMD and Chillblast for helping us out with some lovely hardware!
Competition Submission Dates: 22nd March – 22nd April
Winner Announcement: 30th April
1st Place: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600, Rebellion Anthology, Combat Commander PC Case, Combat Commander T-Shirt
2nd to 5th Place: Each place gets an AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600 plus a Combat Commander T-Shirt
10 Runner ups: We will send Battlezone: Combat Commander T-Shirts to each runner up.
NEW TO MODDING?
Concerned about entering because you’re new to the scene? You can still get involved! Battlezone: Combat Commander has a great modding community with a bunch of helpful members at Discord. We also have some basic guides to modding to help you get started, located here.
To help with modding, we will be releasing some 3D assets in the near future! We'll make an announcement on all channels with more info in the next few days ;)
How to Submit
- The competition is exclusive to the Steam Workshop. (Sorry no GOG this time around)
- Upload your work to the Steam Battlezone: Combat Commander Workshop when it’s ready to submit.
- Confirm submission providing a link to your mod under the same account, on this Steam Discussions thread. (Please do not use this thread for discussion, it is specifically for mod submission, any other posts will be deleted)
- If you are selected as a winner we will need to confirm your address, name, age and email-address. We will contact you at a later date to confirm this.
What are the we looking for?
We’re looking for a whole variety of mods, and we want to ensure that both modding masters and cadets are in with a chance of winning so we’ll be judging on many different levels! Some of the main things we’re looking for are:
- How original is your idea?
- How creative is your design?
- Is it fun to play?
- Does it add to the Battlezone universe or do something completely different?