Rebellion

Battlezone Remasters Collection

Do not sleep on The Way Remastered (On Sale $2.99USD)

Posted 1 month ago

I know we have regular posts regarding eShop sales, but I wanted to take a moment to highlight a particular indie gem that I feel excels in virtually all that it attempts to do - from the visuals and soundtrack to the variety of puzzles.

The Way Remastered is a sci-fi puzzle platformer, not too dissimilar from games like Another World and the old Oddworld games. It is a side-scrolling adventure that has you exploring remnants of ancient alien civilizations and solving a variety of challenging puzzles utilizing acquired abilities along the way.

Personally, I'm finding this game to be an absolute gem and at a steal of a price, it's $2.99 from the original $14.99, to boot.

- I was hooked by the synthy soundtrack from the beginning, but I will say in levels that are extensive it can occasionally drone on a tad too long. The occasional voiceover is serviceable, but not standout.

- I have a bias towards the pixel art here, I do have a soft spot when I feel it is done "right". I would let the screenshots and videos do the rest of the talking regarding that, it may be for some, not for others.

- The puzzle variety and their difficulty have a nice blend that keeps the game from becoming stale and, thankfully, without that artificial sense of escalation as you progress.

Please sign in to post.

Sign in to search.

Please sign in to post.

Recent Activity

Battlezone Wiki

Ded10c posted 9 months ago

Rules and Guidelines

iscottnoidea posted 9 months ago

Community Discord server

Ded10c posted 9 months ago