Rebellion

Battlezone PC Beta

Vertical Head ratation isn't 1:1 - queasiness

Posted 2 years ago

When looking around, the motion is strange - it kinda reminded me of the DK1.  It's like the game is trying to apply acceleration the same way that trackIR allows you to "look around" while still facing "forward" physically.  I got VR legs, so it wasn't bad, but it is absolutely there - I wouldn't pass this to anyone. It was REALLY bad before centering view the first time, upon starting the game. As if, when looking up/down, the entire world was turning the opposite way - fast.

Additionally, because it seems to be trying to make sure I face forward, there is a disturbing clip/render frame that keeps me from looking all around.  As if I'm watching a large, curved tv up close. At the edges, there is a random "ring" of pixels formed around the virtual "screen".  There needs to be an entire cockpit.

The only way to avoid these is to simply not look around. :-(

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago - edited 2 years ago by Judge_Moist

Hi Colonel_Z, thanks for your report. That's fascinatingly bizarre, we've never heard of anything like that in testing, either internally or externally. Can I ask you to start a support ticket with our community guys so we can get ahold of your system info? Email battlezone.support@rebellion.co.uk (you can use battlezone.oculus.support@rebellion.co.uk or battlezone.vive.support@rebellion.co.uk, whichever it more appropriate, too). If you could include as much detail about your system's specs, setup, etc. (a DXDiag would be brilliant), we'll see what we can do to replicate the problem.

Nobody wants to be moist.

Posted 2 years ago

Bug Report Sent!

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

Hi Colonel_Z, thanks for your report. That's fascinatingly-bizarre, we've never heard of anything like that in testing, either internally or externally. Can I ask you to start a support ticket with our community guys so we can get ahold of your system info? Email battlezone.support@rebellion.co.uk (you can use battlezone.oculus.support@rebellion.co.uk or battlezone.vive.support@rebellion.co.uk, whichever it more appropriate, too). If you could include as much detail about your system's specs, setup, etc. (a DXDiag would be brilliant), we'll see what we can do to replicate the problem.

Nobody wants to be moist.

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

Thank you Colonel.

Got the report!

Posted 2 years ago

Just wanted to share this here:  

Disabling DX12 and running in DX11 appears to have "fixed" all problems listed. Plus the game runs quite smooth!

Note: "Exiting to desktop" Still leaves battlezone in the "running" state according to Steam - it doesn't fully exit until after closing steamVR.

Retrying DX12 confirms/reintroduces all the same issues.

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

Thank you for the feedback. Really useful. 

Please sign in to post.

Sign in to search.

Please sign in to post.