Rebellion

Battlezone PC Beta

Full resolution for desktop preview

Posted 2 years ago

Hi, I just streamed the game for an hour, and it was incredible! Great job! So far my only recommendation is for the desktop clone of the game, can we have the option to make it full resolution and remove the black bars on the side? While in VR the game looks great, on stream, the HUD elements are very small and not readable, and the FOV looks fisheyed. 

For evidence you can see the stream footage here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/136716851

I'd skip to about 30 min in as I'm just figuring out my setup in the start of that stream.

Beldeth

Administrator

Posted 2 years ago

Its a good suggestion. One a few people have suggested.

I am not sure entirely how possible it would be without taking a frame-rate hit. Will make sure the dev team see your suggestion.

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

We may be able to improve this in future but I suspect it'll be similar to what some other games, i.e. a letterbox cut-out of a single eye, so HUD, etc. may get cut off but it would get rid of the warping and black bars at the expense of resolution. Re-rendering the screen for the mirror window would be costly and hitting 90 FPS is hard enough!

Nobody wants to be moist.

Posted 2 years ago

Could it be a toggle able option? That way people who don't care about it can leave it as is, while people who do want the desktop render to look good can make it so and try to make the fps work. 

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 years ago

Possibly. We'll certainly try to improve it if we can.

Nobody wants to be moist.

Please sign in to post.

Sign in to search.

Please sign in to post.