Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

About those custom reticules

Posted 4 months ago

Firstly, thank you for putting them in. Really.

But...

Well, the thing is, none of them are really any use (when it comes to horizontal deviation) for gauging your shot (for me at least) at any zoom above 6x magnification, as the reticules don't have many mil-dots/lines and they are spread out to the side of the scope once you zoom further in.

Judging from the Live Streams, you guys don't play much without the aim assist, but for people that do, and do so with full ballistics, the mildots, as they are IRL, should be an indication of where to aim under what conditions - even if it's just "This worked before, this will work again" kind of thing.

But there are no mildots to see once you zoom in a bit. So... please make a few more reticules with A LOT of tight mildots that do not vanish to the sides of your screen when you zoom in.

Please?

Posted 4 months ago

Here's a short video showing how the current crosshairs become kinda "useless" as aiming aids for long distance / windy shots on higher zoom levels, as the crosshairs stretch out (which is great) but due to the low number of mildots/lines, they retreat all the way to the sides on higher zoom levels.

And that more or less defeats the purpose, in my opinion.

So if you could, please add some more, smaller mildots/lines to the crosshairs to make them viable for use with high-zoom rifles. (And while you're at it, please add a white outline to the wind indicator bar to make it visible and readable against dark backgrounds).

Thanks

Bees

Administrator

+1

Posted 4 months ago

Maybe try 'T-post tactical', as it has a lot of mil dots near the centre for this reason.

Posted 4 months ago

True, but none going upwards. I know, I'm complaining about little things, but I just wish all of them had a lot very fine mildots you don't even see until you zoom in. :)

Posted 4 months ago

Also, the T-Post tactical has no mildots on the horizontal bar at all - which, in my opinion, is again defeating the purpose, as with zeroing the vertical deviation is much easier to take care of, but wind deviation can get quite substantial on longer ranges (300m +).

Perfect for me would be the Duplex Special with the amount of mildots of the T-Post Tactical on both horizontal and vertical bar, but with the mildot size of the Duplex Special so as not to obscure your view too much on low zoom.

I know you are now finished with your last DLC and have new projects to work on, but maybe there is a chance for a last big patch including a long-range, high-zoom friendly crosshairs with many little mildots around the center on both the horizontal and vertical bars (and the white outline of the black wind indicator bar).

Please?

Posted 4 months ago

True, but none going upwards. I know, I'm complaining about little things, but I just wish all of them had a lot very fine mildots you don't even see until you zoom in. :)

None go upwards, but each have a different length across the horizontal. You can use these as a guide.

Please sign in to post.