Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

BUG/ISSUE PS4 Latest Patch takes away Mosin 16x Zoom when starting new mission

Posted 1 week ago

As the title says, my fully upgraded, golden Mosin only has 4x and 8x zoom if I start / select a new Mission since the patch. It's also independent of Difficulty (except, of course, for Authentic, where it only has one zoom level of 6x).

I once went into the Shooting Range and had the 16x, then reloaded and after that it was only 4x and 8x.

If I load an old save from before the patch in a mission I still have the 16x zoom, but once I start / select a mission, the 16x goes away.

If I make a new save there, I also keep my 16x. It seems to be an issue only with starting a new mission.

And I need that 16x zoom. My eyes are old.

So please see this and fix this?

Also, Monastery Mission:

The dialog from whoever the person is that keeps talking about paintings and that buffoon Dinelli and giving that annoying laugh starts at the very start of the level and never stops, not even after you've killed everyone. It's not constant, but every few minutes the voice, that seems to come from different directions every time it appears, start talking. It's very annoying if you think there's an enemy really close but you cannot find him.

The voice also doesn't react to fighting, doesn't even interrupt.

Posted 6 days ago

Here`s a vid showing the issue. Using an old, pre 1.12 patch save, my golden (and as such fully upgraded Mosin) has 4-8-16 zoom, but ever since the patch, when starting a new mission, I only have 4-8 zoom.

Please fix this?

Tommy

Administrator

Posted 5 days ago

Check the top option of Custom Difficulty of the tactical tab. It used to be called ‘authentic suppressors’ but now includes zoom levels and is called ‘authentic attachments’.

If it’s set to ‘yes’ you won’t be able to zoom.

Posted 5 days ago

Check the top option of Custom Difficulty of the tactical tab. It used to be called ‘authentic suppressors’ but now includes zoom levels and is called ‘authentic attachments’.

Thanks for the answer, but that is not the problem. I know about the Authentic custom settings (and the Authentic difficulties). As I stated in my first post: "except, of course, for Authentic, where it only has one zoom level of 6x".

My problem is that when starting a new mission (via Single Player - Select Mission) my fully upgraded golden Mosin (that it's fully upgraded can be seen in the video at 1:32 - 3 stars) has only two zoom levels, 4x and 8x, instead of three, 4x, 8x and 16x. If it was to do with Authentic "anything", I would only have one fixed zoom level of 6x.

You can see that I have Authentic Attachments set to "NO" in the video at 1:46, but still only have two zoom levels of 4x and 8x.

The difference can also be clearly seen in the video when I switch to Authentic Attachments at 2:30.

Which makes this a bug, not a setting issue.

So please fix this?

Thanks.

Posted 5 days ago

The whole process, selecting a new mission, my loadout with the fully upgraded Mosin but then having only 4x and 8x zoom levels can be seen in the video from 8:45 onwards until 12:05 with two different missions.

But when loading a save from before the patch, I have, as I should, 4x, 8x and 16x zoom (seen in the video from 4:10).

Tommy

Administrator

+1

Posted 5 days ago

Could I get you to send us a message to www.rebellion.co.uk/support with the following:

Could I get you to go into Playstation settings - Application Saved Data Management - Saved Data in System Store then copy to USB Storage Device.

Plug your USB storage device into your Playstation and make sure to retrieve any SE4 data.

Could you then send me the data you receive.

Posted 5 days ago

I'll do that tonight, thanks. Should I refer to this conversation or just put everything down again?

In the meantime, a bit more info:

The problem seems to be with starting a new mission after the patch: either the game does not recognize the unlocked zoom upgrade anymore or in some other way takes it away.

But when I load a save from before the patch and THEN save, that new save still has the 16x zoom available. I will put a few different save games in:

one from long before the patch, then two from after that were saves from a session started by an old save (all of these have the 16x zoom)

and one from the same level as the one above, but after having started a new mission, where the 16x zoom option is missing and only 4x and 8x are available.

Viggo
+1

Posted 5 days ago

Why oh why have you done this? I want authentic suppressors but I still want to be able to zoom. We cant even zoom with binoculars.  Custom difficulty isn't very custom now the zoom ability is unavailable if you want authentic suppressors.  This is an awful change, lumping them all in the same group even in custom difficulty  :(

Posted 5 days ago

Alright, I sent everything via email to the support email address - the savedata had to be a download via google drive, though. Hope that helps.

Tommy

Administrator

Posted 4 days ago

Under the TACTICAL tab of the CUSTOM DIFFICULTY settings there is an option called PLAYER TOUGHNESS. In the latest patch this has been linked with Character Skills and Weapon Upgrades. If the option is set to either Authentic or Authentic Plus then the Weapon Upgrades will be disabled, which will include your Mosin Nagant Zoom upgrade.

Changing the PLAYER TOUGHNESS option to a difficulty lower than Authentic will bring back the Weapon Upgrades, but only after a level restart.

We are looking at ways to improve this in a potential future update

Posted 4 days ago

Tested this and it works. If selecting player toughness: Sniper Elite, my 16x zoom is still available.

I would prefer to have more options, though, instead of lumping stuff together, but I now at least know why it's happening.

Thank You

Please sign in to post.