Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

please bring back the vanilla authentic (hardcore) difficullty!!

Posted 4 months ago

the newest sniper elite 4 patch changed the "vanilla"authetic (hardcore) mode of the game..PLEASE change it back!! The patched one is way to easy because you can tag enemys now (wich allow you to see enemys through walls and shit) i play this game since the release and this patch really destroyed my fun with it..the authentic plus difficullty is "nice to have" but i don't like the fact that i can't see my points and the length of my shot..and these two things are my reward for hitting the target!

Posted 4 months ago

Let me raise my voice in support of shadyrecords. Hardcore authentic now lets you tag but does not allow you to save, whose lame idea was that? Don't fix what isn't broken seems to be a philosophy lost on the Rebellion programmers. I will not be completing parts 2 or 3 of the DLC.  I now consider the season's pass a waste of money and I will not be continuing with the Sniper Elite franchise.

Posted 4 months ago

Unless there are other issues with the new version of Authentic, I'm not sure I understand the complaint.  The game doesn't force you to tag, does it?

Posted 4 months ago

I don't get it either. People will complain if they had the developers come to their houses and create a tailor made game just for them. "Well, you didn't fix my leaky faucet while you were here!"

Posted 4 months ago

uhhhh just don't tag , asshole!

Posted 4 months ago

The game doesn't force you to tag, but when you view a target to get the range you have to tag; and so it's a bit inconvenient to then untag. The point is, though, the level was fine before, and it's not clear why this change was made.  I agree with OP that it should be removed. 

Posted 4 months ago

Just tried  it, and I agree now as well.   Suggest that rather than remove it, they have distance and other status info show on mouse (reticle) over, which would still leave tagging optional.

Posted 4 months ago

I am playing on authentic difficulty as well and was just as shocked as shadyrecords to see that tagging an enemy shows it through walls now... :-( It's spoiling the game here too because we need the tagging for distance measuring. 

Besides that, I found a letter on an officer's body giving away the positions of all enemies reporting on him, suddenly showing all nearby soldiers as tagged inside buildings. 

Please restore authentic difficulty as it was before the patch!

Some more explanation in the custom difficulty what the different settings exactly do or include would be more than welcome too.

Thank you!

Posted 4 months ago

Besides that, I found a letter on an officer's body giving away the positions of all enemies reporting on him, suddenly showing all nearby soldiers as tagged inside buildings. 

It appears to be the Duty Rosters that make the enemies visible. It's not "authentic" to my taste at all...

Bees

Administrator

Posted 4 months ago

Tagging on Authentic should now be fixed (there may be a slight delay for Xbox One). 

Thanks for reporting this bug!

Posted 4 months ago

I really don't understand any side here. Saying "don't use it" is a poor excuse, because it's forced on you with the Duty Roster. And if you don't want tagging...don't have it on. It would be a valid point if there wasn't a higher difficulty above Authentic and a comprehensive customisable difficulty.

You can't have it both ways. Either you want authenticity or you don't. A sniper doesn't get an exact confirmation on the distance of their kill, because they shouldn't need it. Don't you check the distance of a target before you shoot? That's the distance.

More points. All difficulties have saving. The only instance that you don't have saves, is if you've set it not to have saves. Tagging always allowed you to see them through walls.

This patch has definitely been a MAJOR improvement to the game.

Posted 4 months ago

Tagging on Authentic should now be fixed (there may be a slight delay for Xbox One). 

Thanks for reporting this bug!

Thanks for posting as I was posting :D Nevertheless, that was speedy, and I wonder if Rick will comeback now? :D 

Posted 4 months ago

I am actually kinda unhappy with the changes now, as there was apparently a "glitch" before the latest patch that allowed you to use See-through-Walls tagging with the Authentic HUD in Custom Difficulty. I have been playing like that since the very beginning when the game came out. I like the clean HUD, but I also like tagging.

So... if you could go back to the way it was before the last patch - with Custom Authentic HUD allowing tagging but not showing anything else on screen (Awareness Indicator that starts yellow, then turns red; ammo and health etc.) that would be preferable.

Or just make tagging on/off and option like the aim assist.

I have to admit, this is really, really annoying me. I don't care if it wasn`t intended to be like that, but it was the most appealing option I had to play the game and it's pretty frustrating to have things now changed around. I want an empty screen but be able to tag. I used to have this ever since launch. Now I don't. Annoying.

Oh, and if you don't believe me, you can check this video at the very beginning:

You can clearly see the empty HUD with permanent tagging. I want that back, dammit. I don't want to see awareness indicators or my ammo and health.

Please?

Posted 4 months ago

Don't you have 1.13? You can't see them through walls now.

Posted 4 months ago

@Bees from Rebellion: I just tried the game on Xbox One and tagging is still in place on Authentic on Xbox One.  You said there might be a "slight" delay on Xbox One but your post is a day old now. 

Please sign in to post.