Rebellion

Sniper Elite 4

To design Team: Switch camera side with controller side too difficult

Posted 9 months ago

Greetings to UI design team for outstanding job with user interface and indication/feedback in your product. These things are very well made, top notch in market! Well done! Makes me happy to see this well thought UI.

However, there is one thing that is clumsy and affecting gameplay. This concern both single and multiplayer, especially it can be problem in multiplayer where you facing enemy with actual brain.

What might be the reason to have camera switching from left to right or vice versa so difficult to perform? Sometimes when you are opening a corner with rifle shoulder aim mode or SMG/Shotgun/Pistol you would really like to switch camera in middle of this process. In current implementation you have to lift left thumb and move it to LB AND press Y -> What's up with that!? There is no time to do this, you also probably also lose if you move your focus out from the situation and start to open menus in middle of CQB situation.

UI design team clearly know their business so please come up with better solution for this? Hard to comment without prototyping but you guys have all the tools to figure this out.

Some options that come to mind as worth of looking into below: (I'm referring to Xbox One controller but the problem is 1:1 also on PS4 controller)

1) While shoulder aimin OR while aiming with SMG/Shotgun/Pistol pressing Y would switch camera.

2) While shoulder aimin OR while aiming with SMG/Shotgun/Pistol pressing RB would switch camera.

3) Double tapping some button on any time would switch camera side.

4) Holding down some button on any time would switch camera side.

Please, deal with this and gaming experience will clearly be improved and put even more smile to customers face! Thanks! :)

Posted 9 months ago

totally agreed, while aiming you should just be able to click a button on the fly.

Posted 9 months ago

Rebellion please acknowledge you have read above post and are already planning prototyping to make this happen. This tiny issue is separating SE4 controls from perfection.

I have trouble to understand how did this happen in the first place while everything else regarding controls are somewhat perfect!? Bu you can still fix this PLEASE!?

Posted 4 months ago

Rebellion please acknowledge you have read above post and are already planning prototyping to make this happen. This tiny issue is separating SE4 controls from perfection.

I have trouble to understand how did this happen in the first place while everything else regarding controls are somewhat perfect!? Bu you can still fix this PLEASE!?

Been busy with other stuff lately but was more than happy when noticed yesterday this has been sorted out and i like the end result. Everything with UI is somewhat perfect now! Keep up the good work and remember this requirement in upcoming projects thank you.

Posted 4 months ago

pushy little bastard , ain't ya'?

Posted 3 months ago

I in the multiplayer, beyond what you said, I found very restrictive, the way to change the zoom of the viewfinder. While zooming, I can not move the movement lever, I solved buying a razer controlle, now zoom lever, with the two additional buttons under the controller. Unfortunately, however, I can not solve your problem in the same way. Sorry for my bad English.

Posted 1 week ago

I find when the camera is over his left sholder your body still sticks out too much and are able to been seen and shot when you cannot

Please sign in to post.