Rebellion

Battlezone

Will Battle Zone work on DK2?

Posted 3 months ago

I will be getting CV1 (or perhaps Vive) but in the meantime I have i7/gtx980/xbox controller and DK2.

I am running some other games ok (excluding the DK2's issues) but will Battle Zone work with this setup?

Posted 3 months ago

The answer so far..... Is no it won't.

I haven't yet managed to get sound and the HMD just shows a pale grey/blue in all directions.

The tracking is being picked up and works (going by the monitor window.

Perhaps the DK2 cannot handle DX11/12?

Insomniac

Posted 3 months ago

I thought I heard somewhere that someone had managed to get it working, but I haven't tried myself. Have you tried both DX11 and DX12 versions? Do they act in the same way?

Posted 3 months ago

Aye, tried both and also tried activating from Steam Client and directly from the steamapps folder. I was getting the same from all (I think).

After restarts (of PC and of my DK2) I went from a pale blue square that stayed in position (effectively where the monitor would have been but much larger) to a total pale blue no matter where I looked.

The tracking was working well (which of course was a massive tease) and game was responding to my gamepad).

On a slightly different note, is it possible to play Battle Zone with head tracking (TrackIR or the better value for money (IMO) EDTracker)?

Head tracking aint VR but it is a damn good and low cost alternative - this game would play really well and I would have though bring it within the reach of a great many people who aren't VR ready yet?

Posted 2 months ago

No replies?

Posted 2 months ago

One uninstall, change of camera to usb cable and re-install of Battlezone it working on my (too low res) DK2 beautifully.

Thanks.

Judge_Moist

Posted 2 months ago

Hey Zplintz, sorry for the lack of response. Glad to hear you got the DK2 working. Head tracking isn't something we're looking at right now but we may investigate it further in the future. There's so many things we could potentially add support for (a lot of people have asked for flight stick and HOTAS support, for example) and there's only so much we can realistically do, but we'll certainly bear it in mind.

Nobody wants to be moist.

Please sign in to post.

Please sign in to post.