Rebellion

Battlezone

Loss of Audio when going Online

Posted 6 months ago

Game runs fine, and even the 1st time I took it online, it was fine. But now any subsequent attempts at playing online has had 0 audio. No amount of relaunching the app or restarting my computer has yielded any new results. Adjusting the Audio within the game doesn't seem to do anything. If I exit Online mode, then I get my audio back, menu beeps and all (as long as I'm not Online).

Anybody know a way around this issue? (or are even experiencing this same issue?)

Posted 6 months ago

Some more information:

The audio only cuts out when I connect to another player, not just when I go Online. So I can start an online game and still have audio UNTIL another player joins my game, then my audio stops. If all other players leave my game, audio will return. it might be a bug associated with people mics being infinitely broadcasting from those players but nothing seems to happen when I mute them (I mean I can't tell because I couldn't hear them anyways).

Judge_Moist

Posted 6 months ago

Very strange. It does indeed sound like a problem with the audio when another player joins but it's not a global issue as I've just been playing with a few folks and I could hear them fine. Next time it happens, it may be worth checking what your default audio device is set to - sometimes the headset can do some odd things with re-routing the audio playback, etc. To do so, right click on the volume control in the task bar and select 'Playback Devices'. The default playback device should have a green tick next to it.

The DX11 and DX12 versions use a slightly different version of XAudio (as DX12 support guarantees Windows 10 so we can use a later version of the library) so it may be worth switching and seeing whether it still happens in the other version.

Nobody wants to be moist.

Posted 5 months ago

I gave up and repurchased the game through Steam. Everything here works fine, which is weird as hell.

Posted 4 months ago

I play game through Steam but get no audio at all.

As soon as I drop out of game I get audio and if I change the audio volume in windows I get the audio confirmation.

Don't have this issue in Elite Dangerous.

I suspect Battlezone may be looking at the wrong audio device - is there anyway I can tell it which one to use?

Judge_Moist

Posted 4 months ago

Hi Zplintz, apologies for not replying sooner. If you're still having issues, you can contact our support folks at battlezone.support@rebellion.co.uk and they will hopefully be able to help you out. I don't think we're doing anything unusual with the audio devices in Battlezone but SteamVR itself can be configured to switch between audio outputs when it boots up/closes down. It may be worth double-checking those settings. You can access them from the SteamVR overlay by clicking the little down arrow in the top left, next to 'SteamVR', and selecting Settings->Audio.

Nobody wants to be moist.

Please sign in to post.

Please sign in to post.